Senn HD 461 repair help
Jul 12, 2017 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dgindlespergerd

100+ Head-Fier
Last year my wife got a puppy and the puppy ate the cord on my Senn HD-461headphones. I am just getting around to fixing them. I am trying to take the cup apart so I can solder a new cord in place, but I can't figure out how to get them open I search the internet and nothing. I know they are not very expense, but I got a few cords I can use so why not try it. Any help would be really great and thanks in advance.

Jul 14, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #4 of 11
couldn't tell you. Looking at pictures though, I would start by taking the earpads off and looking for any screws, taking out any screws you see, which might lead you to open the cup assembly, or might lead you to more screws, which you can take those off as well :wink:. You got nothing to lose, go at it!

Jul 14, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 11
Tried
couldn't tell you. Looking at pictures though, I would start by taking the earpads off and looking for any screws, taking out any screws you see, which might lead you to open the cup assembly, or might lead you to more screws, which you can take those off as well :wink:. You got nothing to lose, go at it!
Tried that, tools the cups off and there are no screws.

Jul 14, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #7 of 11
also, were the wires chewed off right at the cup or do you have some wire to work with? one option might be to cut the wire just before it was chewed, and install a female 1/8" connector. This would allow you to plug in a simple 1/8" to 1/8" cable and it would work just fine. Might be a last resort sort of thing, but it would work!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back