Senn HD-25 equivalent??
Feb 11, 2004 at 10:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

shasha

New Head-Fier
New guy here, I'm not a complete idiot, I just never really pursued a good set of headphones with this much gusto. No more $40 cans off of a shelf, I want something that I can listen to and just enjoy. I have listened to a few sets around here, but I don't have a great selection on hand so most likely I will have to order online with people's opinions guiding my decision.

So the question is that I want a pair of headphones very similar to the HD-25's. I have a few pairs at work and these are ideal. The price is a little more than I had wanted, but these are the characteristics I want in my heaphones. Is the HD-25SP a large dropoff from the HD-25 or are any of the HD2x0 series close to the same category? Does anyone make something close to the HD-25? I am really happy with them and would love to get something along the same lines.

No headphone amp either, I am not that fancy yet. I want something that can be driven easily with anout anything that I can imagine plugging them into.

Thanks

Feb 11, 2004 at 11:50 AM Post #3 of 7
Like are the HD-25 too expensive for you?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 11, 2004 at 1:19 PM Post #4 of 7
No, the HD-25's are fine with me, only problem is that I don't own them myself, they belong the the station I work at. I don't think that they would like it if I took a pair home.

And yes they are a little on the pricey side for me. I have almost talked myself into buying them (probably will), but if there is something out there that is equivalent for a little less money than that would be better of course. You know the old most bang for the buck thing.

I just need some help finding something similar to them for less money if it is possible. If not I will probably just bite the bullet and get them. Nothing wrong with saving a few bucks, right?

Feb 11, 2004 at 1:31 PM Post #5 of 7
I think if you like the -1, the HD25-SP will disappoint (although you can console yourself with the amount you saved). I cannot be definitive since I've only heard the SP for about 1 minute. Personally I would say hunt for the best price on the HD25-1.

Feb 11, 2004 at 3:47 PM Post #6 of 7
Well, I guess you want something more inexpensive than the at work HD25s, but still resembles the same sound characteristics ? My best bet will be to check out ebay.de for new b-stock phones, or used. Also the HD-250 was what was in my mind, until I saw the "without amp" requirement, they are a little bit more inexpensive than the HD25s. I can't recommend the SPs either because of boomyness which the HD25 currently doesn't suffer from on the same system.
I think, if you have the chance, the Beyer DT531 is a phone worth testing out, and recommended, and usable for portables too (but not the ones with a weak output).

Feb 11, 2004 at 4:31 PM Post #7 of 7
I did find a good price at E-Tronics for the HD-25's, about $144. That is almost too good to pass up. Rather than take a chance on something that may or may not be what I am looking for I can get exactly what I am looking for. The more I think about it, the more that I like the idea of just going ahead and getting the ones that I want. At that price there isn't really a reason not to do it.

Unless one of know something about a better pair of HP's in that price range.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back