Senn Amperiors VS Beyer DT1350 - your opinion!
Jul 19, 2012 at 8:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

demi2k

New Head-Fier
Hello guys, would like to ask your opinion on the matter.
Wondering which of the two i should get, im not a DJ nor a professional audio producer, just an avid listner who would like to enjoy his music on the go.
I mostly listen to rock: classic rock, alt rock, prog rock, indie, acoustic things. i do not listen to metal and stuff like that.
I also listen to some classical music, mostly piano pieces.
above that i have all kinds of music, some of everything, but nothing too major.

And thats it, thanks for reading and i hope you can help me :)

Jul 19, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 2
For me the Amperior does better with metal and rock, but the midrange on it can be really fatiguing if you listen to music more than 20 minutes or more.  I gave the Amperior my best try and just could not listen to it for long because my ears were hurting.  The DT1350 is an awesome headphone, but it has some issues.  They can be hard to locate around your ear making them initially off-putting, but once you have them in the correct place the really sound great.  The midrange is a tad recessed making them take a while to learn how they sound, but after a day or so the sound is very respectable.

The Amperior should be great for what you listen to, but keep an ear out for fatigue.  Looking at your musical tastes going with a headphone with an up-front sounding midrange is going to yield more desirable results than a headphone like the DT1350.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back