senior pictures? What!
Aug 1, 2006 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jerb

Headphoneus Supremus
Yeah so maybe some one here on the forums can explain this to me, I've tried googling it with no avail.

Why am I being summoned on my summer vacation to take pictures? Our school sets an entire day aside during the school year for this exact purpose so why should I come during the summer months?

Is it required? Do I have to take it with the photographer at the school (I must say his prices are pretty outrageous, with the "sitting fee" the cheapest package is like $50?).

I have to be missing something here...

(if it is required im donig some BS shot, any one have any idea's? Im thinking about going as a ninja with a shirt w/ a Dante quote (I was thinking: "I'm not even supposed to be here today") ) I'm open to other options aswell, if i try I might be able to get a full link costume)

Aug 1, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #2 of 11
if it is during summer break i would not show up. i set clear boundaries and am responsible when it is required but time off is time off...they cant require something in summer break as i would just say i had previous engagements to attend too. suggest that they can perhaps work around your schedule

Aug 1, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #3 of 11
Jerb, don't worry, I think the biggest BS ever was how they did graduation photos of us dressed up in crap you wear when you graduate University with fake diplomas. I graduated from grade 8, wow, everybody does, big woof.

I'de say one of thoes cool thinkgeek t-shirts.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/frustrations/58f5/
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/science/7d73/

Well, those are a bit too geeky I think
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Jerb, don't worry, I think the biggest BS ever was how they did graduation photos of us dressed up in crap you wear when you graduate University with fake diplomas. I graduated from grade 8, wow, everybody does, big woof.

(I don't mean to pick on you! Really!) I thought the saying was "big woop." Ever play Monkey Island 4? You find out that the secret treasure of Monkey Island is "Big Woop"
icon10.gif
It's really a great game. If you play it start with Monkey Island 3. By far the best. Really funny and witty game. That's what that reminded me of.

As for senior pictures, it's the only year book anyone will look back on, it's it's the last image of you people will see, so either way, I would try to make the picture nice. But if you want to go the other route, your school will probably try to censor anything funny you try to do. I know mine would. About the slickest thing anyone did was get in the quote "what luck for leaders that men do not think" -A.H. Know what A.H. stands for? Adolf Hitler. That's the ONLY thing. Oh and as a last note, if you think the school charges a lot wait until you see what a studio wil charge.
Oh! And, at least at my school, you submitted a picture, so it could be a picture taken at home and photoshopped to look nice, if you go that way.

Aug 1, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #5 of 11
hehe.. I'm not even in my yearbook, name or picture.

At my school, folks would just get it done at sears or something for like $20 and submit it. No one really cared.

Aug 1, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #6 of 11
lol thanks for the support guys, I guess my first post was more of a rant than anything else. I'm soo pissed they're making me deal with all of this BS, Im just gonna grab a shot with dads camera and be done with it (prolly with a cool shirt from thinkgeek
biggrin.gif
)

Jagwire: I LOVE the 2nd shirt, I'd never seen that one on thinkgeek!

Aug 1, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #7 of 11
I had to do go through the same thing in grad school. They put up composites in the main hallway there, so you get to see all the graduating classes.

Back in the '70s, one guy had grown his hair out as well as a full beard. Just before the photos were taken, he shaved off half his head and half of his beard. The photo is hysterical. Shave your head or get an interesting haircut. Or wear a wig or something. Have fun with it.

Aug 1, 2006 at 1:21 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerb
lol thanks for the support guys, I guess my first post was more of a rant than anything else. I'm soo pissed they're making me deal with all of this BS, Im just gonna grab a shot with dads camera and be done with it (prolly with a cool shirt from thinkgeek
biggrin.gif
)

Jagwire: I LOVE the 2nd shirt, I'd never seen that one on thinkgeek!

Dude, a ninja tshirt? A Link costume? tshirt with a "funny" saying? Forget it. The amount of time between now and when you will think all those things are incredibly lame and embarrassing is much shorter than you imagine. Seriously. I'm not trying to put you down or say that you are lame (how could I?), but it's true that you do a lot of growing and changing when you first start college. Plus, if you ever became famous, do you really want People magazine running a photo of you at 17 wearing a Link costume?

Aug 1, 2006 at 1:42 PM Post #9 of 11
IIRC my senior pictures (important to my parents, not to me) cost something on the order of $700 with a crazy sitting fee of like 150. Biggest crock EVER. I refuse to get my pictures taken this year for College.

Aug 1, 2006 at 2:27 PM Post #10 of 11
By senior year I had grown to really hate the "forced fun" aspect of school. Homecoming, prom, dances, yearbooks, commitee's, class presidents, cheerleading, BS BS BS!

I submitted a stick-figure picture for my yearbook photo, complete with Picasso mustache and other inane "biography" things they like to put in there

Where will I be in 10 years?: Prison
What are my life goals: To own a modular home.
What are my best memories of school: Doing that hooker in the bathroom.
What was your nickname: "Hey you".

When they published the book they left the picture blank, but listed my 'biography', except for the hooker part. 10 years later I can confidently say: "Wow everyone had really stupid hair. except me, I must have looked good."
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2006 at 4:55 PM Post #11 of 11
My picture isn't even in my senior yearbook. The one I wanted (me with my guitar) was rejected so I never bothered submitting another photo.

Doesn't really bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back