Senheiser IE 600 impressions and discussion.
Jun 17, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #76 of 91
I do think that the IE600 is probably the best of the bunch though, less mid-bass bloat than the Xelentos which is a return to the 846 levels (I think) and more clarity through the upper mids. The mids is something that I would not have cared about (or maybe even be able to appreciate) a few years ago, maybe it's a maturing of my tastes...
Thank you, very interesting impressions.

Jun 19, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #78 of 91
I wanted to listen my IE 600s during my exercise walks, but because of mictro-acoutic problems the music was difficult to enjoy because of every footfall. Reports blamed the stock cable, so I purchased a cable recommended by Mark Ryan. I could still hear ever footfall. Wondering if it was actually the cable, I simply inserted the monitors without the cable attached, and I still could hear every footfall… so, it’s not the cable…

Does the IE 200 IEM set suffer from the same problem?

Jun 19, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #79 of 91
I wanted to listen my IE 600s during my exercise walks, but because of mictro-acoutic problems the music was difficult to enjoy because of every footfall. Reports blamed the stock cable, so I purchased a cable recommended by Mark Ryan. I could still hear ever footfall.
From my experience, every iem that demands a good seal has this issue. Using shirt clip can reduce this to some extend. I keep the wire inside shirt as well to reduce movement, but none are perfect.

Jun 19, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #80 of 91
I wanted to listen my IE 600s during my exercise walks, but because of mictro-acoutic problems the music was difficult to enjoy because of every footfall. Reports blamed the stock cable, so I purchased a cable recommended by Mark Ryan. I could still hear ever footfall. Wondering if it was actually the cable, I simply inserted the monitors without the cable attached, and I still could hear every footfall… so, it’s not the cable…

Does the IE 200 IEM set suffer from the same problem?

It is the cable. Unless the IE600s have bad isolation?

If the sound is being amplified into your ears by the iem rather than you're hearing the foot falls directly than it's the cable. As Jerry said, shirt clip is the solution. A J shaped cable would also help. Anything that will stop vibration traveling directly into the ear piece.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #81 of 91
It is the cable. Unless the IE600s have bad isolation?

If the sound is being amplified into your ears by the iem rather than you're hearing the foot falls directly than it's the cable. As Jerry said, shirt clip is the solution. A J shaped cable would also help. Anything that will stop vibration traveling directly into the ear piece.

Like I said above, I removed the cable… only the drivers in my ears… same problem. How can it be the cable?

Edit : I also disagree with all monitors do this. The seal by my Senn Sports provide the same isolation with the same size ear tips, and work without any micro-acoustic problems at all. I’d just like to use my IE 600s on occasion

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #82 of 91
Just got mine for 499.99 via Amazon. Like them but two major problems.
1. Tips are not comfortable--tried a couple of others but noticed sound changes. Tips definitely change the sound so I went back to the stock silicons. Any recommendations that don't do much to the sound?

2. Cable is not the cable that a 500 dollar IEM should have. Very noisy and the balanced one could not get a good connection. Would appreciate a reasonably priced alternative. By the way, is there anyway you can get Sennheiser support on the phone? Would like to replace the balanced cable--Anyone have any ideas on how to speak to a human?

In short IEM's--always something but I think these are a keeper if I can solve the problems above.

Jul 18, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #83 of 91
1. Tips are not comfortable--tried a couple of others but noticed sound changes. Tips definitely change the sound so I went back to the stock silicons. Any recommendations that don't do much to the sound?
I am not a fan of the iems, but I find them better with spinfit than stock. It is supposed increase treble spikes than already since stock tips are sound tuned, but I couldn't feel much difference.

Jul 18, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #84 of 91

2. Cable is not the cable that a 500 dollar IEM should have. Very noisy and the balanced one could not get a good connection. Would appreciate a reasonably priced alternative. By the way, is there anyway you can get Sennheiser support on the phone? Would like to replace the balanced cable--Anyone have any ideas on how to speak to a human?

In short IEM's--always something but I think these are a keeper if I can solve the problems above.

I got this cable for my IE600. It is very cheap, but it also lightweight and supple, which helps enhance the IE600 comfort even more.

Jul 21, 2023 at 2:55 AM Post #86 of 91
Like I said above, I removed the cable… only the drivers in my ears… same problem. How can it be the cable?

Edit : I also disagree with all monitors do this. The seal by my Senn Sports provide the same isolation with the same size ear tips, and work without any micro-acoustic problems at all. I’d just like to use my IE 600s on occasion
Different shoes perhaps? Something with softer better sprung soles would help? No idea really just trying to help :)

Aug 2, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #87 of 91
Thought I'd give a shout-out to a current pairing. I prefer simple and pocketable for IEM use at work or on the go. The M0Pro from shanling has an adapter to run 4.4 - which happens to be the included balanced cable.

Still can't knock the Qudelix 5K for basically anything portable though. To carry 1TB on a device (M0Pro) is just awesome though.

I find the M0Pro to be smooth, but still providing enough information and technical performance when paired with the IE600. Luckily, the IE600 doesn't need EQ'ing in general for my enjoyment, so the simplicity of the M0 just helps with those types of nervosas.

I've also found the Drop x JVC HA-FWX1 to be a syrupy, romantic and complimentary IEM to the 600.

Cheers

Aug 14, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #90 of 91
Still can't knock the Qudelix 5K for basically anything portable though. To carry 1TB on a device (M0Pro) is just awesome though.
I am curious to hear your comparison between qudelix 5k and m0 pro. For me m0 looks like a better deal since its a dap as well as a bluetooth dac. Would love to hear.

On similar note, I recently got a cayin ru6. And been using ie600 with them on balanced cables. I am someone who is not a big fan of the ie600s but this pairing solves my treble troubles and I am enjoying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back