Senheiser CX281/ Koss PortaPro/ KSC75/ Phillips SHE9550/ SHE 7850/ TDK EC250 Who Wins?
Aug 7, 2011 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

chamath

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, this is my first post in this forum :wink:

Right now I have head gears such as Philips SHP 2000(headphone), SHE3600(in ear headphones) etc where they have rich bass and clear high quality audio visibility on mids and highs.

I'm looking for a high end compact headphone below the budget of $50 USD where I can get to wear outdoors. I'm a bit of a hiker so the headgear needs to stay fit into my ears too. However my main concern is rich sound quality so that means I need a WHOA!! type of booming bass along with clear visibility for mids and highs.

Right now I've been researching throughout my local market for available "best" fitting into my budget. So here they are;

Sennheiser CX 281

Phillips SHE7850

Phillips SHE9550

Koss PortaPro

Koss KSC75

TDK EC250

I'm quite confused with all these products. I'm not quite sure but the Philips 7850 and 9550 seems to be fitting my taste, but still the question is are they ok with mids and highs? I certantly don't want JUST the bass. I just need a booming bass with mids and highs..

I was lucky enough to compare the quality of Koss products. Portapro is a huge celeb in the market BUT when I listened to the 25th edition and a newly unpacked portapro, the quality was shockingly terrible, for a  moment I started thinking is this some Chinese clone? Unfortunately the 25th edition was not for sale. KSC75 was decent with more visibility of audio in mids and highs but they make you look like a monkey with silver years (lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back