sending back shure e3c in warranty
Feb 11, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #17 of 35
Bought my American e2cs from eBay. The cable at the join to the earpieces started to come away so I sent them off the other week to Shure UK. A week later recieved a brand new pair. Fantastic service from Shure! Plenty of spare ear fittings now as well. I included an e-mail printout of the eBay confirmation.

Feb 11, 2006 at 3:04 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo_
did you guys include a warrenty card or receipt??

i cant find mine and it says include receipt if possible

No.

When you call them they will ask you to read the # on the jack thats the production date, if it falls in the warranty period they will instruct you to mail them in.

Feb 11, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #19 of 35
Though I no longer own any Shure IEMs. Their customer service for repair/replacement is top notch! Like said before on head-fi, they don't care how bad, they'll replace it. I had E2c's with the housing totally demolished (an accident on my part) and they replaced it.

Feb 14, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by phantom power
ok, well i sent them away without phoning them (i could never get through).. i hope i'm lucky too

it's alright, i never bother calling and just send mines in
biggrin.gif
(never give them my credit number either)

and i always get a replacement back!

Feb 14, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #22 of 35
I just mailed my E5c, no box, no accessories, just the phones, in a padded envelope to them last Monday without phoning. You just need a note with name, address, e-mail, and problem your having. I did include a receipt, but I don't think it's necessary due to the date code stamped on it.

They'll send you an e-mail when they receive them. You can then request a tracking # via a reply to their e-mail. I'm expecting them back Wednesday.

That's why I originally bought Shure over Westone UM2. Shure has a two year warranty. I think they're just sending me a new replacement.

Hope this eases your mind a bit.

Feb 28, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #24 of 35
Thats quite fast 3 days and got it a new set back already. Got a question though, how can they tell when you brought it by the manufacturing date? Wont that only tell you when it is made not when u buy it? Also, do they restart your warranty after getting it serviced?

Feb 28, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtevol1
No, they don't restart your warranty.

I was just planning to buy a set of E4 and now I hear this. So if I buy one that was manufactured two years ago, then I won't get any warranty with my newly-bought E4s?

Mar 1, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5
I was just planning to buy a set of E4 and now I hear this. So if I buy one that was manufactured two years ago, then I won't get any warranty with my newly-bought E4s?

Sry that was a little confusing. You are correct, you dont get warranty on your e4 if it was manufactured 2 years ago unless you have a recipte to prove that u brought it recently.

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by injanear
Sry that was a little confusing. You are correct, you dont get warranty on your e4 if it was manufactured 2 years ago unless you have a recipte to prove that u brought it recently.

oooooo so it's not as bad as I thought, as long as I remember to keep my receipt. I guess they honor online merchants like Ebay as well?

Mar 1, 2006 at 11:12 AM Post #29 of 35
Then some of you guys wonder why I hate Shure earphones so much. Despite the denial from some this type of post is a weekly event here. As a performer I cannot afford to have a poorly made Shure earphone crap out in the middle of a show. That is why I and others in my field stopped buying them. They have a long history of this. Shure survives on their other many fine products. Their earphones are their Mexican contraband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back