Sen Cx300 and Creatives EP630 durability?
Jun 26, 2007 at 5:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Dotdotdot

New Head-Fier
Its time for new earphones(my b-days almost here). Which one has better durability? How long will each would normally last?
Also do you think the Bass Freq(Sound and durability) is better then the EP630?

Jun 26, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dotdotdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its time for new earphones(my b-days almost here). Which one has better durability? How long will each would normally last?
Also do you think the Bass Freq(Sound and durability) is better then the EP630?

dunno about bass freq but ep630s and cx300s are the same phones just slightly different drivers. ill bet money they have same durability. only main different, cx300s have right angle plug.

Jun 26, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #4 of 12
They stay in pretty good, sometimes fall out if youre running. i like wearing mine around the ear so that any sudden jerks wont yank them out of my ear. also reduces microphonics which are a problem with these headphones. once theyre in good they dont bother me at all to wear for long periods of time.

Jun 26, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #6 of 12
Yea just as rwest said, the EP-630 and CX300 should have exactly the same durability and comfort levels, which imo are indeed comfy :]

I played around with my friends CX300 and compared them to my EP-630s for only few minutes and didn't think the CX300 was worth the extra $40 (I live in Australia :p)

Jun 26, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #7 of 12
The Sennheisers have the "J" (asymmetrical) configuration cords and the Creatives have the "Y" cords (the cords to the left and right ears are the same length).

I have the Creatives, and they seem pretty durable to me. In fact, I think the durablility of the cords is what contributes to the microphonics. But I don't use them for "critical" listening, anyway, so I don't let the microphonics bother me (and there are ways to reduce the effect, as mentioned above).

Jun 26, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #8 of 12
The ep630 is the way to go if you have a clean equalizer with your mp3 player. It [[Dominates]] like a night club if you can get it just right. I had a better experience with them than the X3s that was toned down a bit.

Still interested in bass freq opinions though

Jun 26, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #9 of 12
Both are great and they are very durable, much more so than the crappy Sony Fontopias. They are both the same build quality, for the most part, but the CX300 have the very valuable Sennheiser name (or logo rather) slapped on them. If you worry about durability, Sennheiser is good with replacing defects. Well, at least they sent me a new pair of CX300s, haha.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 11:31 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... but ep630s and cx300s are the same phones just slightly different drivers.... only main different, cx300s have right angle plug.

Strongly disagree. CX300 sound nothing like EP-630 at all. CX300 has better detail and uncontrolled bass, poor mid to bass transition and sometime harsh. EP-630 has really smooth and warm sound but little upper detail, it is quite muddy compare to CX300. They don't sound the same (not even slightly), which is the main point of any 'phone.

Jun 26, 2007 at 11:56 AM Post #11 of 12
I have the EP-630, which replaced my EX-71s. The EP-630 i've had for the better part of a year and they're still as good as when I got them. I wish they had the asymmetrical "J" cord, but they have the Y cord. Sound quality's good, they're all I use when i'm moving around and at the gym. I've had Ultimate Ears 5's, and Shure E3's, i'm happier with the sound of the 630s than either of them, especially considering price.

Jun 26, 2007 at 8:16 PM Post #12 of 12
thanks =p
i have an iaudio u3, but now i can't decide which one to get >.>.
i prefer that it sounds clear.
i don't listen to songs that make my head hurt like system of sounds. i like alternative rock. and i usually listen to smooth or somewhat noisy music. like linkin park-numb my wish-rascal flatts. this is your life-switchfoot and yea =p.
so which one is best suited. my b-days almost here yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back