Sen. 598 vs speakers
Jul 28, 2012 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

moot11

New Head-Fier
Hi, I currently have a Sen. 598, and I just bought 2.1 speakers from Amazon (sound science rockus). 

I'm curious as to what I can expect from these speakers and how they compare to my 598. The audio card I'm using is a xonar Essence STX .

Thanks, thanks!

Jul 28, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #2 of 4
Why don't you just wait and see since you already ordered them? :p Worst case scenario, you don't like them and return them to Amazon. They have an amazing return policy.

Jul 28, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 4
I use the Rockus as my main computer speakers and the HD558(very slightly step below 598) as my main headphones. I bought the Rockus for $80 back in november, and the HD558 for $100 last week. As is true with every speaker vs headphone comparison when the two are in the same price bracket, HD558 blows rockus out of the water in terms of clarity, detail, portability, and general sound quality.

Speakers win in comfort and soundstage. Loose in leakage. I know, mind blowing stuff.

Frankly, when I got the Rockus for $80, they were a steal. For the going price now (nearly $190!) there are better computer speakers available for less money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back