Semi-Poll: What's your job?
Aug 24, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #121 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
it sounds like time to send a resume to CDCADMan!
wink.gif

That would be a long drive from Calgary to Michigan!
Besides, I don't recommend anyone getting into the Detroit Automotive business at the moment
frown.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #122 of 176
I've been doing freelance illustration about 21 years, mostly caricature and humourous illustration for magazines; along the way I've also done storyboards for commercials, TV & film, character designs, sculpting for stop motion animation, comics, CD cover design... in the last few years, I've been doing illustrations for book covers which aren't necessarily caricature related, which has been refreshing. I'm presently getting into doing limited edition art prints for a company and am hoping that works out.

Aug 24, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #123 of 176
Building Services CAD Leader on a big project for an international consultancy - hence why I'm in NYC, transferred from London.

Aug 24, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #124 of 176
corp exec for a small startup....4 people total...LMAO...also law student at night.

Aug 24, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #125 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
I thought you got that promotion to blends-in-with-office-furniture?

oh yeah, that too. i'm considering just going the full matrix, and jacking directly into corpnet via my neural interface, but i can't seem to find the adapter...

Aug 25, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #126 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Besides being a BF2 player and Ice hockey nut I am a professional bum (i.e retired)

KenW>You were in the Air force? I knew you were a dental doctor of sorts but I find intriguing you were in the air force. How come you left it?

I was planning a career of it but my mother-in-law was diagnosed with terminal stomach cancer and I was being sent to Japan for 3 years. Just couldn't ask my wife to do that knowing her mother had little time left so I left and went into private practice.

I was looking forward to Japan but since my wife is Korean, she was more interested in getting an assignment there. Just didn't work out for us but we'll visit someday soon. With her father aging, we really can't wait too much longer. Lots of family there that she hasn't seen since she was a very young girl. I think it would be great to see her native country someday.

Aug 25, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #127 of 176
lately i'm doing a lot of web development in PHP. I am a software developer though with a degree in computer science and math... I want to get some work in C# hopefully after this system i'm working on is good to go.

Aug 25, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #130 of 176
I am a bill collector for a credit card company/business student.

And dentists thought they had it bad! Most people would rather sit through a root canal than deal with me.

Then again, if I am looking for you it is because you have done something wrong, and hiding just makes it worse. Yet, everyone still hides.

Aug 25, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #132 of 176
Associate in a large law firm. Would like to do something else, as would 90% of my colleagues. Realize I am unqualified to do anything else. Kinda sad. Maybe I'll sue myself.

Aug 25, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #133 of 176
There's quite a lot of Head-Fi'er that work in the software development/IT sector.

Aug 25, 2006 at 4:24 AM Post #135 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
Associate in a large law firm. Would like to do something else, as would 90% of my colleagues. Realize I am unqualified to do anything else. Kinda sad. Maybe I'll sue myself.

Do you need a copymachine slave? Will work for headphones
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back