Sell my headphones?
Jan 11, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #47 of 122
It's your collection. Only you can know if you really need to sell it or not. We didn't put in the effort and money into making it what it is, so how could we possibly advise you better than you could judge for yourself?

But, if you do want my advice, it's this. Selling your collection is a permanent decision, keeping it is not. If you're unsure of what to do, keep it until you're sure of what should happen to it, or until necessity forces you to choose one way or another.

Cheers,
cat

Jan 11, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #49 of 122
I'd dump them. Hard to move and a crudload of space. Large collections of things are for people with more money and space than, well, than me.

Hell, even 2-3 full size headphones is arguably insane. 2-3 dozen? That is a sure ticket from zero to single in no seconds flat.

[size=xx-small](Unless of course you are fabulously wealthy, which corrects for most any character flaw)[/size]

Were it me: I would sell them all (mostly) off, destroy the evidence, change my handle, and never speak of it again
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:15 AM Post #50 of 122
Keep them all.

A collection like that must have took years & years to put together. No matter how much you get for them it would never be enough to cover the time and effort needed to build such a fantasic selection of AKG cans.

Jan 11, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #51 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm building a nice custom amp, but I'll still use my cute little AKG amp all the time just to spite you for always making fun of it.

LOL, just busting your balls... Any info on the custom amp, or is it a secret?
smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually it would be hard to sell most of them for a good price I think, because of how unknown many of them are.

I can think of a couple people, myself included, that would be interested in some of them. I still say you should keep the collection though.

Jan 11, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #53 of 122
I was in that same place a few months ago and I decided to trim the collection down to the bare essentials, 25-30 phones or so. It wasn't fun but I took it in stages and sold first what I had two or more off and the collection has become much more manageable. I have used the funds to take the system as a whole a lot of steps forward by eliminating bottlenecks and by getting a new source so if you can find a better use for the funds then go for it.

We really should start a support group for people who are extreme enough to buy official signs and other stuff only available to dealers...
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #55 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
22 ehhh...

I'm 21 and female....

Well, there's your answer. You can use your collection to GET CHICKS, and if that's her in the avatar, she's pretty damn cute. I say keep the cans, PM Germania, start working on the grandkids you will be passing the cans down to.

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #57 of 122
Why not find some random people on head-fi who don't have some AKG's and have yet to be exposed to AKG sound and then offer them an 'AKG Xperience' by giving them a set of AKG 'phones? That way the wonder and power which is AKG could be spread amongst the poor peons and your storage space could be freed.

Jan 13, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #60 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keep 'em all! If you need more space, get a bigger house!

I love the rack system you have setup.

He'd probably have to sell them to afford a bigger house
tongue.gif

Seriously though, that rivals the Kirby Puckett baseball card collection that is now stored in my parents basement and never looked at, but it was damn impressive for a 12-year old at the time....collections are definitely cyclical

Users who are viewing this thread

Back