Seiun Players
Nov 10, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #16 of 87
  Hey Guys,

I'm from the Cyberdrive team. A couple of our backers reached out to us and told me you guys have some questions about our Seiun Campaign. 

Thomas, our CEO, will be available for an IRC chat tomorrow (Tuesday Nov. 10th) from 7-9PM (Pacific).

To connect enter the following details into your favorite IRC Client:

Channel: #Seiun_IGG
Server: irc.freenode.net
Port: 6667
SSL: Enabled

If you've never used IRC before we recommend using kiwiirc.com.

We hope to see you all there!

Thanks for reaching out, TikiCD.  We are looking forward to a great product and it is good to see you guys are in touch.

Nov 11, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #18 of 87
Very interesting on-line chat with Cyberdrive tonite re: Pro and ProX.  At this point they are planning to use Rockchip 3368 as the CPU and ESS9018Q2C as DAC.  Questions still remain re: line out function and ? separate HO amp to increase power out.  But very positive chat experience, and so far, sounds like a very positive investment...

Nov 11, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #19 of 87
Very interesting on-line chat with Cyberdrive tonite re: Pro and ProX.  At this point they are planning to use Rockchip 3368 as the CPU and ESS9018Q2C as DAC.  Questions still remain re: line out function and ? separate HO amp to increase power out.  But very positive chat experience, and so far, sounds like a very positive investment...

Android version and amp chip?

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #21 of 87
I'm not an expert in this topic. Just someone who enjoys music with a half dozen headphones. But some commenters on Indiegogo are complaining about the amp, can anyone offer some insight?

CPU: Rockchip 3368 Octa-Core Cortex A53
DAC / AMP: ESS Sabre 9018Q2C
Amp THD Performance: -115dB
Amp DNR Performance: 121dB
AMP Power Out: 49mW 32 Ω
SPDIF Out: 384/32bit (via Type-C Port)
Line Out Connection:We are testing multiple implementations (see FAQ)
Line Out Power Out: 2Vrms at 600 Ω
USB OTG Support: Yes
Battery Capacity: 3000mAH
WiFi Compatibility: 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth: 4.0 w/ A2DP Support
Battery Life: 4 Hours for Hi-Res Audio/Video Playback (testing is still on-going)

Nov 15, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #22 of 87
I'm not an expert in this topic. Just someone who enjoys music with a half dozen headphones. But some commenters on Indiegogo are complaining about the amp, can anyone offer some insight?

CPU: Rockchip 3368 Octa-Core Cortex A53
DAC / AMP: ESS Sabre 9018Q2C
Amp THD Performance: -115dB
Amp DNR Performance: 121dB
AMP Power Out: 49mW 32 Ω
SPDIF Out: 384/32bit (via Type-C Port)
Line Out Connection:We are testing multiple implementations (see FAQ)
Line Out Power Out: 2Vrms at 600 Ω
USB OTG Support: Yes
Battery Capacity: 3000mAH
WiFi Compatibility: 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth: 4.0 w/ A2DP Support
Battery Life: 4 Hours for Hi-Res Audio/Video Playback (testing is still on-going)

The 9018Q2C chip has an amp switch built-in.  The quoted power is 49 mW for 32 ohm, which most backers (myself included) think it is a bit weak. 

Nov 15, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #23 of 87

The 9018Q2C chip has an amp switch built-in.  The quoted power is 49 mW for 32 ohm, which most backers (myself included) think it is a bit weak. 

I agree with you.  I am hoping if we keep asking nicely (and not demanding) that CD will consider adding a separate amp, maybe even as an upgrade perk.  The next scheduled internet chat with CD is on 11/19, so maybe we can get our requests in again...  I. personally, have been impressed with CD's willingness to communicate with us so far, I just hope they maintain their great effort.

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #25 of 87
There are lots of amp chips they can add for not much cost, the problem is that they have to redevelop the board. If they want to do that and keep their timeline, they need to do it now. Luckily, being based in Taiwan, they'll have plenty of prototyping capability for not too much dosh.

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #26 of 87
They've already tested with 6 different amp chips so there should be no redesign necessary. If you read through the IGG comments, cyberdrive has acknowledged our desire for a separate amp chip. They will be providing an update on it any day now. Let's hope there is at least an amp perk or upgrade option made available.

Nov 17, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #27 of 87
They've already tested with 6 different amp chips so there should be no redesign necessary. If you read through the IGG comments, cyberdrive has acknowledged our desire for a separate amp chip. They will be providing an update on it any day now. Let's hope there is at least an amp perk or upgrade option made available.

Strongly agree...

Nov 17, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #28 of 87
The Seiun IGG campaign is getting close to reaching the $250,000 stretch goal...  This is good news..., the stretch goal has been changed from choice of casing colors to something CD is calling Seiun PHA.  I'm not sure what this is, so hopefully CD will tell us soon...  Also looking forward to next internet chat on 11/19; hopefully they will tell us plans for added HO amp...

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #30 of 87
They will come up with something related to the amplifier section that will be appropriate for most of us, but at the same time you/we don't really want to push them into a 2017 spring/fall delivery, right? Unless, we accept a boatload of upgrades that we can throw more money at!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back