Seiun Players
Nov 7, 2015 at 12:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 87

walfredo

500+ Head-Fier
A new low cost player being crowd sourced:  https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/seiun-players-hi-res-audio-meets-4k-video#/

Has anyone have experience with Cyberdrive (aka Forte Audio).  They appear to make IEMs, but found no reference in the forums.

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 87
  A new low cost player being crowd sourced:  https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/seiun-players-hi-res-audio-meets-4k-video#/

Has anyone have experience with Cyberdrive (aka Forte Audio).  They appear to make IEMs, but found no reference in the forums.

I tried to post this same question a few minutes ago but the site seemed unresponsive. This appears to be an ambitious project. i chose to contribute.

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #6 of 87
I am trying to resist. :) 

I really don't need another DAP, and the LHL Wave was a very bad experience with crowed sourcing.

But it is tempting... :)~

Nov 7, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #7 of 87
Are you still waiting for your Geekwave player? That thing looks awesome, but the price was steep. The Seiun Pro was $70 which I'm willing to risk on this campaign. 

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #8 of 87
I was a Wave backer, but I bailed out and got a refund many month ago. I am glad I did.

So, I was good on resisting, but I reloaded the page and there were 99 out 100 taken for the Seiun Pro at $70. It was too much for my will power. :) I am backer too!

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #10 of 87
I am also a backer, and I fully recognize that the Seiun Pro's may ultimately turn out to be complete garbage, or they may not pan out at all.  But when one considers that as backers we have probably perked for this player at a lower price than what CyberDrive ultimately plan to sell it for retail, then I have some optimism that they may be able to deliver a reasonable DAP for what we have invested.  While I have no illusions that the Pro's will replace high-end audiophile DAPS, there is already precedence for new low-cost nice introductory DAPs that can play high resolution music files.  The new XDuoo X3 has received a very nice review here in Head Fi and it can be bought on Aliexpress and Amazon for ~$110-130.  The FiiO X3 2nd generation DAP has been very well received and it can be had for ~$200.  Additionally, about 5-6 yrs ago, we had the Nationite sflo2 that cost somewhere between $110-140; it was a player that supported both audio (MP3, FLAC, and I think AAC) and video files and was well received on Head Fi (despite UI complaints).  So, I guess only time will tell what, if anything, we will get for our investment in the Seiun Campaign, but I, for one, refuse to believe that the campaign is a scam (at least at this point) just because of  the "they can never deliver a DAP with all the features they promise at such a low price" claim...  For someone who has also invested in the Geek Wave campaign, it is very clear to me now that perking for a much higher priced "no-compromise, ultimate DAP" certainly does not guarantee delivery as promised... Who knows, in the end, the Seiun campaign may turn out to be a much more honest campaign than the Geek Wave campaign, and for a lot less individual investment...

Nov 8, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #11 of 87
  I am also a backer, and I fully recognize that the Seiun Pro's may ultimately turn out to be complete garbage, or they may not pan out at all.  But when one considers that as backers we have probably perked for this player at a lower price than what CyberDrive ultimately plan to sell it for retail, then I have some optimism that they may be able to deliver a reasonable DAP for what we have invested.  While I have no illusions that the Pro's will replace high-end audiophile DAPS, there is already precedence for new low-cost nice introductory DAPs that can play high resolution music files.  The new XDuoo X3 has received a very nice review here in Head Fi and it can be bought on Aliexpress and Amazon for ~$110-130.  The FiiO X3 2nd generation DAP has been very well received and it can be had for ~$200.  Additionally, about 5-6 yrs ago, we had the Nationite sflo2 that cost somewhere between $110-140; it was a player that supported both audio (MP3, FLAC, and I think AAC) and video files and was well received on Head Fi (despite UI complaints).  So, I guess only time will tell what, if anything, we will get for our investment in the Seiun Campaign, but I, for one, refuse to believe that the campaign is a scam (at least at this point) just because of  the "they can never deliver a DAP with all the features they promise at such a low price" claim...  For someone who has also invested in the Geek Wave campaign, it is very clear to me now that perking for a much higher priced "no-compromise, ultimate DAP" certainly does not guarantee delivery as promised... Who knows, in the end, the Seiun campaign may turn out to be a much more honest campaign than the Geek Wave campaign, and for a lot less individual investment...

Same thinking here. I chose two Pro X units. For the price, seemed a reasonable "bet."

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #14 of 87
Hey Guys,

I'm from the Cyberdrive team. A couple of our backers reached out to us and told me you guys have some questions about our Seiun Campaign. 

Thomas, our CEO, will be available for an IRC chat tomorrow (Tuesday Nov. 10th) from 7-9PM (Pacific).

To connect enter the following details into your favorite IRC Client:

Channel: #Seiun_IGG
Server: irc.freenode.net
Port: 6667
SSL: Enabled

If you've never used IRC before we recommend using kiwiirc.com.

We hope to see you all there!

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #15 of 87
  Hey Guys,

I'm from the Cyberdrive team. A couple of our backers reached out to us and told me you guys have some questions about our Seiun Campaign. 

Thomas, our CEO, will be available for an IRC chat tomorrow (Tuesday Nov. 10th) from 7-9PM (Pacific).

To connect enter the following details into your favorite IRC Client:

Channel: #Seiun_IGG
Server: irc.freenode.net
Port: 6667
SSL: Enabled

If you've never used IRC before we recommend using kiwiirc.com.

We hope to see you all there!

Thanks. Great opportunity for those with questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back