Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Dec 25, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #1,262 of 1,652
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/seiun-players-hi-res-audio-meets-4k-video-android-media#/updates

Another cryptic update that's hard to figure out but it seems to say that they will have the whole family of products with specs announced in Jan. Also, that when they are available they will be fully produced products all ready to ship. I'm getting from this that the pro x has been completed a long time ago but they are pretty much holding them hostage until they have their whole suite of products that they want to sell/push onto us. They pretty much know that when they fulfill current backers, they've pretty much lost most of us based on customer service, so why release the pro x first only to have backers say keep your other garbage. I reality, the pro x can't be that good and will undoubtedly be a let down because of all the time waiting. The market has expanded with newer products that take a lot of steam out of the pro x/pha. What I can't believe is that they are actually producing many other products before fulfilling current backers a year in the waiting. 

And, what's up with no pha news? I bet it won't be made and that they switched to the player speaker configuration. If it is made, it probably won't be till sometime late next year. My feeling is the pro x backers, who don't back out for a refund and finally recieve the pro x, will be waiting for much of next year for the pha. They are definitely not going to ship you the pro x and pha together. They wouldn't have anything to hold over you then.

Dec 26, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #1,263 of 1,652
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/seiun-players-hi-res-audio-meets-4k-video-android-media#/updates

Another cryptic update that's hard to figure out but it seems to say that they will have the whole family of products with specs announced in Jan. Also, that when they are available they will be fully produced products all ready to ship. I'm getting from this that the pro x has been completed a long time ago but they are pretty much holding them hostage until they have their whole suite of products that they want to sell/push onto us. They pretty much know that when they fulfill current backers, they've pretty much lost most of us based on customer service, so why release the pro x first only to have backers say keep your other garbage. I reality, the pro x can't be that good and will undoubtedly be a let down because of all the time waiting. The market has expanded with newer products that take a lot of steam out of the pro x/pha. What I can't believe is that they are actually producing many other products before fulfilling current backers a year in the waiting. 

And, what's up with no pha news? I bet it won't be made and that they switched to the player speaker configuration. If it is made, it probably won't be till sometime late next year. My feeling is the pro x backers, who don't back out for a refund and finally recieve the pro x, will be waiting for much of next year for the pha. They are definitely not going to ship you the pro x and pha together. They wouldn't have anything to hold over you then.

I only backed the PHA and I have a growing concern that I won't ever see it. Pretty much screwed me over for a year or false hope and lies (saying this, I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong)

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #1,264 of 1,652
Thanks, ExpatinJapan!

Looks like from the poster in b/g maybe there are even more CD products (nimbus) we dont even know about yet? :scream:
The ProX looks decent i think, simple and sleek, certainly just like a smartphone vs the manual analog buttons/dials of other offerings though (not saying thats good or bad).

The speaker set looks better here, and i can even tell which woofer might be being used (white speakers). Looks like the TangBand W3-2141. Im actually using that exact driver (along with other speakers) in my latest speaker project im currently building myself, good specs and clean sounding driver:
http://www.parts-express.com/tang-band-w3-2141-3-paper-cone-full-range-driver-8-ohm--264-956

Guess you didnt have time/chance for another listen/test of the CD products? Thanks, anyway--much appreciated--and besides, im sure theyre about to be delivered to us very soon anyway! :grin:
Nimbus line was an IndieGoGo campaign a couple months ago with Desktop DAC, networked storage, TV and speakers. I wasn't about to back without receiving my Seiun Pro X. So no alarms and no surprises, please.

Dec 28, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #1,265 of 1,652
I only backed the PHA and I have a growing concern that I won't ever see it. Pretty much screwed me over for a year or false hope and lies (saying this, I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong)

Same here, PHA amp is lost in lala-land, or so it seems...

At this point, I wouldn't call the update "cryptic", it is just more BS on top on BS. It takes some dedication/audacity to write 20 lines with no date and no commitment about what was actually sold to backers, and try to pre-sell future products at the same time.
More photos and spec sheets in January, what a progress!

Dec 28, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #1,266 of 1,652
I understand the frustration from some backers, but maybe I am just more easy-going than most. I can't say for certain whether they have or have not lost any of my future business. Sure, it's been over a year since I backed this campaign, but TBH I wasn't expecting it to be quick anyway. Such is the nature of crowd-funding, and now at least there is some silver lining in the cloud (hoping for Jan, but will be ok with Feb). I got in on one of the early-bird '2 for $200' perks, so maybe if I had more invested (ie PHA) then I would be a bit more ornery about it. I'm just looking forward to (eventually) listening to my $100 android-based dap, that in itself is enough to keep me going.

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #1,267 of 1,652
Jan 2017 is chinese new year.. i can bet with you guys they will put update such as "due to festive season production is affected bla bla bla,,,"
Feb 2017 is still in festive mood...i can bet they will put update that the production has resume operation and will be ship out soon...
March 2017  ...maybe they will put update such as due to some technical difficulty in production they need more time to fix it?
April 2017 ..issue has been fix and production resume again...
May 2017 ...first batch of seuin pro x ship out

yeah so i am expecting to get it by June 2017 if we are lucky,,

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #1,269 of 1,652
Don't say that. Flare Audio's camlaign was awesome!

Dec 29, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #1,271 of 1,652
yeah so i am expecting to get it by June 2017 if we are lucky

I had this reply to my countless requests for an update on the PHA, still not clear but it's a start I guess...

...thanks for your comment. PHA may have a good opportunity to ship before the PRO X. We hope to finish up the preparations soon. We understand your concern, but the postpone is for good intention of the update features and quality. The current estimated schedule will be in 2017 Q1. We will try our best to deliver the perks once they are ready to ship. Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back