Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Aug 2, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #1,006 of 1,652
Imho its a good move.

Send out 50 beta units, get feedback. Yeah ok. I can see the benefit.

But....

Then they return the beta units?

Or keep the beta units?

Or keep the beta units and also get sent another alpha unit (perhaps the same apart hardware from firmware update).

It seemed a bit difficult/messy.
Better to have chosen ten well known users/reviewers to give feedback.

-seems all sorted now anyway.

If indeed CD got valuable feedback from "10 well known users/reviewers", took the feedback to heart, and acted on valid recommendations, then by-passing the previously planned "beta-testing" process will probably not hurt us or them in the long run.  I do feel bad for the people who were chosen as "beta testers" since they have been on a bit of a roller coaster ride wondering when the beta units would finally be shipped out...  At least CD has promised the "beta-testers" some sort of surprise gift, I just hope it's not another feather DAC or set of IEMs....  I do hope CD remembers to send all us early backers the free IEM and DAC they promised earlier when they send out our Pro/Pro X and PHA units. As Middy says, firmware updates can be developed if necessary over time to address any bugs that may be found after mass release.  I just hope that CD stays committed to firmware development over time to ensure all the players will continue to function as intended and remain "up to date" with future features....

Aug 3, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #1,008 of 1,652
sounds like its just a dock that can connect to their speakers via line out or any other speakers for that matter.

i think they should look into a greater wireless application using google cast or something along the lines of airplay.

We are moving towards the wireless direction

Aug 3, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #1,009 of 1,652
I think I would prefer the Free DAC though, has more use for me.

Aug 3, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #1,010 of 1,652
Yup i think i would prefer the Free DAC too. 

I hope CD gives the option though

Aug 3, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #1,011 of 1,652
Would this be useful with the PRO X? 

Maybe CD can look into future proofing the device with usb C

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/smsl-ivy-micro-usb-dac-amp/talk

Aug 3, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #1,014 of 1,652
so what is the ETA for us getting the Pro X? October?

If they are in mass production now, I might be optimistic enough to guess at some point in mid September (assuming all is as it seems). Anyone with a project management/manufacturing background care to offer a more educated opinion? Middy? tienbasse?

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #1,015 of 1,652
Depends on the factory set up, manufacturing slots, other Cyberdrive product runs. The programs and some tooling is in place.. Depends on the scale of the max batch....
So many factors but getting our Batch before OCT at the latest now they scrapped Beta doesn't seem unrealistic.
Only they can say for sure.. Even if they have them boxed ready it still takes some doing shipping and organising.....

Nearly there.... Just can wait to try it out now....

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #1,016 of 1,652
Aug 4, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #1,018 of 1,652
Right now, i guess we are not getting the DAC. 

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #1,019 of 1,652
Unless they give us an option to choose. Would you prefer to receive the AV dock or the DAC? 

Aug 4, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #1,020 of 1,652
Unless they give us an option to choose. Would you prefer to receive the AV dock or the DAC? 

i would prefer the DAC. i doubt i would use it stationary attached to a speaker tho. I usually take my music along or it is streamed to my wireless speaker.

Im using a ipod now so it is streamed using airplay. i would have to hook the speaker up to a android streaming service to use back the speaker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back