Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Jul 25, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #992 of 1,652
Wasn't there supposed to be a gun metal colour or am I missing something?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

And Rose Gold. I went for Gunmetal on my form, if I remember right.

I think they just don't have those made for the beta stage.

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #994 of 1,652
So, what was the original price for the Pro X?

Interestingly, indiegogo still offers the Pro, which makes the hopeful the Pro is not just being forgotten.

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #995 of 1,652
I jumped in early and got the pro x $150. Exchange rate was better Then so £101 bargin.. Same for the PHA..
£220 2 players and memory upgrade...
Free headphones as well ..Not bad for a small gamble...

My Flare audio IEMS are the bargin of the century at £79. I rate them 75% of my ETHERS easy.

Aug 1, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #997 of 1,652
Still no mention on shipping dates and beta devices.

Aug 1, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #998 of 1,652
Don't forget it was for being in the office /living room.I want to see the specs first, they did mention a low intro price early on for IDGG $99. I hope the base model still applies on price or if they will still add speakers and phone.
It does give a IFI Retro feel to the look... All fun..
Dave

Aug 1, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #1,000 of 1,652
  Well i for one don't care about those docks. Since seiun has android i can just cast audio to my google cast enabled speakers. No point buying more speakers.

Obviously this is done to expand the product usage and to have more products that can used in conjunction with the players. There will be people that are interested in such products. 

Aug 1, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #1,001 of 1,652
Be interesting to see what the dock can do, what inputs and outputs it will have, bit strange on mock up pic of dock the player is on its side and not vertical for micro usb ? If you look in story on indi site there is a better render for docks

Aug 1, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #1,002 of 1,652
Well, this was posted in their story part of the campaign on 1. August:

"2) We have now begun mass production. From demoing our Pro X and PHA at The Japan Earphone Festival (7-16/7-17 Akihabara), we received many positive feedbacks, which prompted us to go straight for production and pass over the beta testing stage (we will offer the beta tester a surprise gift!)."

So, no beta testing anymore. It means faster shipping but hopefully the players will not be too buggy without any proper testing and feedback.

Aug 2, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #1,003 of 1,652
Imho its a good move.

Send out 50 beta units, get feedback. Yeah ok. I can see the benefit.

But....

Then they return the beta units?

Or keep the beta units?

Or keep the beta units and also get sent another alpha unit (perhaps the same apart hardware from firmware update).

It seemed a bit difficult/messy.
Better to have chosen ten well known users/reviewers to give feedback.

-seems all sorted now anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back