Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Jul 24, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #976 of 1,652
Anyone who bought the Pro considering to upgrade to ProX for $50USD? 

I'm glad to see that not every person who bought the Pro was able to read that communication without freaking out, and is able to consider it like a mature adult. Good for you man! If I were you, I would take the deal, because the Pro is a lightweight when it comes to storage, and you will appreciate being able to carry around a decent sized library without screwing around with those tiny micro-SD cards just to listen to something. The Pro-X will have better resale value if you should decide to sell it too, since no one will want to buy a plain Pro. I'm just glad that someone on Head-Fi was not part of the group freaking out about this.

Jul 24, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #977 of 1,652

I'm glad to see that some people who bought the Pro was able to read that communication without freaking out, and is able to consider it like a mature adult. Good for you man! If I were you, I would take the deal, because the Pro is a lightweight when it comes to storage, and you will appreciate being able to carry around a decent sized library without screwing around with those tiny micro-SD cards just to listen to something. The Pro-X will have better resale value if you should decide to sell it too, since no one will want to buy a plain Pro. I'm just glad that someone on Head-Fi was not part of the group freaking out about this. Biggest bunch of cry-babies I have ever seen on an Indiegogo campaign. I can't even read the comments page anymore. I'm afraid the stupid will rub off on me.

Jul 24, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #978 of 1,652
Yes i read it as that

They are making the Pro version- mainly just for the backers.

They are offering an upgrade for a price to ProX.

*i am a native speaker of English reading updates on Cyberdrive indiegogo written by non native speakers.

Perhaps for non native speakers/readers it harder to pick out the meaning of the story/updates on indeigogo.

----------

Any way the update yesterday was very good. Great to see the story and updates rolling out.
I recommended to Cyberdrive to place news in the update section and not the story section.

Jul 24, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #979 of 1,652
Yes i read it as that

They are making the Pro version- mainly just for the backers.

They are offering an upgrade for a price to ProX.

*i am a native speaker of English reading updates on Cyberdrive indiegogo written by non native speakers.

Perhaps for non native speakers/readers it harder to pick out the meaning of the story/updates on indeigogo.

----------

Any way the update yesterday was very good. Great to see the story and updates rolling out.
I recommended to Cyberdrive to place news in the update section and not the story section.

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #980 of 1,652

I'm glad to see that not every person who bought the Pro was able to read that communication without freaking out, and is able to consider it like a mature adult. Good for you man! If I were you, I would take the deal, because the Pro is a lightweight when it comes to storage.

So, what is the difference in storage?  The 128 GB upgrade applies to the Pro too, doesn't it?

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #981 of 1,652
I'm glad to see that some people who bought the Pro was able to read that communication without freaking out, and is able to consider it like a mature adult. Good for you man! If I were you, I would take the deal, because the Pro is a lightweight when it comes to storage, and you will appreciate being able to carry around a decent sized library without screwing around with those tiny micro-SD cards just to listen to something. The Pro-X will have better resale value if you should decide to sell it too, since no one will want to buy a plain Pro. I'm just glad that someone on Head-Fi was not part of the group freaking out about this. Biggest bunch of cry-babies I have ever seen on an Indiegogo campaign. I can't even read the comments page anymore. I'm afraid the stupid will rub off on me.

Ya I agree that many backers have been complaining about everything while another similar campaign does not even have a beta device ready in the last 2 years. I expected delays when I decided to back the Pro/ProX. I'll go for the upgrade though.

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #982 of 1,652
So, what is the difference in storage?  The 128 GB upgrade applies to the Pro too, doesn't it?

I think it will come with 128gb storage if only you paid for the memory upgrade.

Jul 25, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #985 of 1,652
Jul 25, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #988 of 1,652
Is any of the players available to purchase right now?

It depends on what you mean by purchase...  You can still perk for the Pro X on the CD Indiegogo site; the price for the player now is $180, and there is an option to add additional internal storage (by adding an upgrade perk).  The price for the player is advertised to go up to $499 as of August 1.  According to one of the latest updates, CD hopes to start delivering the Pro X (and Pro) players sometime in August, but as we all recognize, this timeline may change...  But, if you mean, Can I go to the CD website and buy the Pro X today for delivery within the next week or two?, then the answer is no.  

Jul 25, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #990 of 1,652
Nothing with a campaign is certain, it never was.... I am glad we didn't turn into the campaign page...I hardly go to read, never mind comment on that page.
A big lesson to cyberdrive in good communication. But as that old saying goes...
When all around you loose thier head and you keep yours...
then you are an audiophile.. my son...

Nearly there my thread Reading friends..
I am glad it's been with you all guys and girls.... Like life the funs in the journey not the finish...

Keep smiling
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back