Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Jul 20, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #961 of 1,652
yeah the basic android phone look seems to be a real turn off for me. Well, i think im just gonna load spotify premium off it. a MSRP of 499 for that seems a bit of a tall order 

Jul 20, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #962 of 1,652
The black device does look much better than the white device. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #963 of 1,652
Oh my, the PHA amp looks cheap on the pictures, I hope they can do a better job on the build quality of the final version.

The round chassis doesn't look like thick aluminium.
The lettering is half gone.
The bottom row of buttons looks cheap and poorly integrated into the chassis.
The volume pot looks cheap as well.

Since they decided to go for a Sony PHA-type design, they may as well make it the same build quality, because they ask for a steeper price than a Sony PHA1EU.
I'm sure they can do better since the little DAP on the previous page looks sturdy.

Jul 21, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #964 of 1,652
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/seiun-players-hi-res-audio-meets-4k-video#/updates

New pictures added, it looks a little thicker than i thought which is a good thing, better air circulation, but not sure why they have a video format which only shows half screen being used ! not interested in the black or white front they should have went the fiio x7 route for a brushed metal look to make it look more premium 

Jul 21, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #965 of 1,652
The thickness of the device shown may be due to the adjustments to the picture dimensions upon upload. That may be a possibility.

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #967 of 1,652
You may right because it doesn't look broad enough on these side pictures (picture ratio seems off).

The one that looks most revealing is the one with the headphone jack and USB - the headphone jack looks circular, so that means the picture should be in proportion (or close to it). That means the player should be about 10mm thick at most, probably less. That's not massive by any stretch of the imagination.

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #968 of 1,652
It isn't very thick at all.
Maybe like an iphone 6 plus?

I have posted some photos earlier in the thread like these ones:

http://headpie.blogspot.jp/2016/07/e-earphone-headphone-show-7162016.html?m=1

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #972 of 1,652
Anyone who bought the Pro considering to upgrade to ProX for $50USD? 

Jul 24, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #975 of 1,652

Anyone who bought the Pro considering to upgrade to ProX for $50USD? 

The problem is that the Pro does not seem to be in the plans to be built... :-/

So, yes, I am considering the upgrade, but not happy about it.

I think the Pro is going to be built, they've never said they won't supply backers. What they said is they aren't putting it on the market. I wouldn't worry. If you want the upgrade get it, if you don't, don't.

I'm already in for the Pro X, as getting two for $240 plus shipping for the 128GB version was just too good to pass up. A friend bought the second one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back