Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Jul 19, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #947 of 1,652
Looks like CD has stirred a hornets nest...  over at indiegogo several are now demanding refunds due to CD not supporting the crowd funders like they should have...

Oh, that is a normal thing on there. I think that they are the bitchiest group of people I have ever seen on Indiegogo. I'm not sure why, but they complain all the damn time. What they are doing is not easy, and they have made better progress than one other one on Indiegogo, who started well before them. So, I just ignore them. There is no need to constantly be reassuring these idiots just because they need constant updates. The fact is, they are making progress, and they are busy. Let them work, instead of having to hold the investors hands.

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #948 of 1,652
In one of the pics the kid is listening the music with a black cabled headphone. In his hand a seiun prox with WHITE cable (which should belong to an IEM on other pics). It looks a little strange to me.
I'm wondering why if you had the device in your hands you did not take a picture of the back. The first thing I would do is to snap the front an the back.

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #949 of 1,652
The player with the navigation buttons on the front is the PRO X. The player with the front facing camera at the top is actually an Ipod Touch. You can tell because in the top left it has the text which says Ipod. 

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #950 of 1,652
Oh, that is a normal thing on there. I think that they are the bitchiest group of people I have ever seen on Indiegogo. I'm not sure why, but they complain all the damn time. What they are doing is not easy, and they have made better progress than one other one on Indiegogo, who started well before them. So, I just ignore them. There is no need to constantly be reassuring these idiots just because they need constant updates. The fact is, they are making progress, and they are busy. Let them work, instead of having to hold the investors hands.

I think the main reason most are complaining is because there have been too many lies and too many dates given that where wrong...  there is a lot of mis trust now...    they are demoing equipment that has been around for several months now and promised beta units that still have not been seen by anyone...   and yes its not easy but if you are in the business of production then you know you will have setbacks...  but you at least communicate the setbacks to keep your investors in the loop....   

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #951 of 1,652
  In one of the pics the kid is listening the music with a black cabled headphone. In his hand a seiun prox with WHITE cable (which should belong to an IEM on other pics). It looks a little strange to me.
I'm wondering why if you had the device in your hands you did not take a picture of the back. The first thing I would do is to snap the front an the back.

Helluva first post.

Welcome to the community! Sorry about your wallet. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #952 of 1,652
  Cyberdrive Seiun Player-JR2 DAP unboxing
 - expatinjapan

-Full set of pictures on the blog.

*This is an early version not in full production yet to my knowledge.

Thank you again to Cyberdrive for giving Head Pie the JR-2 for review
-expatinjapan

Snakes and ladders, teaching kids that life isn't fair and has no rhyme or reason since ancient India. Roll and move in hell, demon spawn. Not you, @ExpatinJapan, you are lovely.

Jul 19, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #955 of 1,652
EDIT: Better picture. uploading from mobile seems to downgrade my photos.

The screen is the same as the first small Seiun player.
Just that small window up the top.

Its not a big touchscreen like the Seiun Pro/X.

(Though one might get confused looking at the photos as it appears to be a big touchscreen).

Its purely a player with with increased specs (ESS Dac etc).

I dont know if it plays Opus files.
Definitely no album art.

Jul 19, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #956 of 1,652
My son was listening with headphones via black cable to the PHA, I was listening to the Seiun Pro/X with my Andromeda and white cable.

They gave him the Seiun Pro/X to hold for a photo.

Didnt take a photo of the back, sorry. I was taking so many photos for hours some things slipped through the cracks.

Jul 19, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #957 of 1,652
Thank you ExpatinJapan for updating all of us. I also want to ask you a quick question. Did CD confirm that this was the final design? Or still just a demo unit?

The PHA looks so different from the player, so I'm hoping that they final design for the ProX will still change a bit and move away from the generic Android phone look.

Jul 19, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #958 of 1,652
Well its a demo unit for sure.

But it is close (a few weeks I understand) to sending out of the 50 beta units to the lucky chosen few backers.

so i would guess (which is a bad thing to do) that there won`t be many significant changes? but what do i know.

Anything can happen after the beta squad give their feedback.

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #959 of 1,652
I missed this one.

So theres your standard black issue Seiun Pro/X which I think was added above in another post. Just isolating it.

I should have kept my eyes more open in the hustle and bustle.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/gappoakiyama/14284289.html

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #960 of 1,652
Yeah maybe a fiio x7 look would be preferred to the basic android phone, to late for them changes but will people want to pay $499.00 for it mmmm

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back