Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
May 19, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #841 of 1,652
Geek Wave should be forced to refund or compensate for the loss if that's the case because it will discourage people from using indiegogo.
But again indiegogo arent interested in providing any protection for the consumer which is why we get so many delays on products which claim to be ready for market but aren't.
I am sure the Seuin will be delivered eventually but am unsure whether I will look at indiegogo again. I believe kickstarter has more safeguards for the investor

May 19, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #842 of 1,652

I have seen how crowdfunding works.. Some delay for years . I am sure if these thing delay for let say three to four years like lhlab then this thing would be obsolete by then. To make matter worst some crowdfunding just died without any refund. Remember crowdfunding is not buying a goods. U get the physical stuff if u are lucky and sometime u don't

Most of the time you get the physical goods. Most of the time they are pretty similar to what you expect, so long as you aren't looney. Most of the time delivery is delayed, even on the best run projects. Very few projects deliver on time.

Also, they may have had a working prototype and then had to switch some components. I don't know what caused the heat issues, but I think it caught them by surprise. I'm glad they spent the time fixing it rather than sending out something that would need to be recalled.

I am also fine with *some* delay.  I expect it from a crowdsourced project.  I also appreciate when people fix before they ship.

But I am curious on your statement, glassmonkey.  Is there data on what fraction of crowdsourced project actually deliver?

May 19, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #844 of 1,652
I too don't mind the delay but I do mind the information scarcity. They could have done better on that.

May 19, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #850 of 1,652
LOL, love the puns with the bra!
I'd like to add one comment on the value. One reason that pushed me over the edge for funding (preordering) was the added 128gb built-in memory--we are getting an awesome deal in relation to similar products. Ive already got another 128gb card to stick in it. As im a music junkie, and listen to tons of stuff, space is greatly appreciated! We are getting a bargain for the pro-x, even if we have to wait awhile.

May 19, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #851 of 1,652
Anyone have the basic Seiun player?

I haven't read many impressions of it so far.

It sounds decent, I've only paired it with monks... The ui is ridumentary, but that's to be expected for $30. As a walk around beat em up player, it's worth the money. Files are read like M3 or Colorfly C3 in that they show in the order they're copied on the drive. It doesn't read tags at all.

May 20, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #852 of 1,652
  Well, if its any consolation, geek wave backers have been waiting way way way longer. 2 years and counting. Still no working prototype, still no news of the chassis.

Geek Wave is a shebacle, but I do think that LH Labs will deliver a product that isn't outdated when it comes out. The Wave will have mSATA and two micro- full size sd card slots, which will allow up to two terabytes of storage, and will have a user replaceable battery, something that most items on the market are doing away with. They are also planning on making it upgradeable, as the digital stage, analogue stage and storage (on 128 and above models) are all removable and upgradeable. Some of the tech in it comes from developing the Geek Out V2, which is a fine player. I don't think the Wave will be worth what some folks paid in total value, but I don't think the AK380 is likely to be worth what people are paying for it. I thought of getting in for the no internal storage option, but went for the Geek Pulse XFi (later upgraded to X-Infinity), instead. I can say that I love the sound of their gear. The X-Infinity is an excellent DAC. For people still waiting for the Wave who haven't heard anything that Larry Ho of LH Labs has made, I feel for them, but they will get something that sounds excellent.

This project isn't going to turn into a two year shebacle. Four to six months delay is long, but as has been pointed out, it could be much worse. I've also backed the Echobox Explorer. It was due to ship in April. It was going to be my birthday present to myself. The Explorer had a working prototype at Canjam London in August last year, and it has had 1.5 months of delay. Even projects that look like they are almost ready to cross the finish line can experience delays.

Keep the faith.

May 27, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #853 of 1,652

Seems like the headphone output impedence is 0.16ohm. That's great news!
Picture from Indiegogo updates.

May 27, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #855 of 1,652

Seems like the headphone output impedence is 0.16ohm. That's great news!
Picture from Indiegogo updates.

I was wondering if they could make the spec chart a little smaller.....

950803c089c6b1f3acc8bfa8ceb93b56.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back