Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Feb 16, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #496 of 1,652

It doesn't seem to have any built-in memory, but it comes pre-loaded with a 16gb microsd (and a few sample songs on there).  I haven't tried a 128gb card yet, but it is confirmed to be supported in their documentation.

This is odd and disappointing. I was expecting it to have 16Gb built-in memory, for reaching the stretch goal. Do you mean the 16Gb is just an included MicroSD card? Would this be a(nother) communication failure by Cyberdrive? Now I hope the Pro (X) memory upgrade to be indeed an "internal memory upgrade".

It sure as heck better be an internal memory upgrade on the Pro and Pro X. 64gig microsd cards are cheap as chips now. They better not bait and switch on that one.

Feb 16, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #497 of 1,652
  Actually, I agree with you somewhat, but if you go back to the original story page on the basic Seiun player, they never claim the player has built in storage, just a microsd slot with upgrade to 16 gb.  This makes more sense now when we found out that Seiun was offering 32 gb storage for the Seiun player in one of its exhibits in Asia.  The story on the Pro/ProX clearly states that they will have built in storage plus microsd slot, so this is what I expect we will receive....  So, I don't think that Seiun misled anyone, rather, I think some of us may have assumed that the 16 gb storage for the Seiun would be internal....

Still a communication failure by them, in my book. Crowdfunding campaigners should be even more detailed and clear about the products they intend to make, for the simple reason these still don't exist. Cyberdrive seemed so open and available, doing IRC chats and so on, and nevertheless this trifling spec went through confusing to their customers/"investors". Although I had purchased the Seiun before the stretch goal, it is undeniable that those goals are meant to entice more people to jump in.

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #498 of 1,652

Still a communication failure by them, in my book. Crowdfunding campaigners should be even more detailed and clear about the products they intend to make, for the simple reason these still don't exist. Cyberdrive seemed so open and available, doing IRC chats and so on, and nevertheless this trifling spec went through confusing to their customers/"investors". Although I had purchased the Seiun before the stretch goal, it is undeniable that those goals are meant to entice more people to jump in.

They did not mention that the 16gb free upgrade is for the internal storage though.
They just mentioned that they will provide a free 16gb memory to backers perhaps that is not clear enough. 

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #499 of 1,652
  They did not mention that the 16gb free upgrade is for the internal storage though.
They just mentioned that they will provide a free 16gb memory to backers perhaps that is not clear enough. 

I had exactly this discussion with the creators of the LOOP (which is a cheap tablet) on Kickstarter.  They also just added a cheap 32 GB card - but had given the impression that this would be internal storage upgrade. This seems to be a lesson that we backers need to learn.

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #500 of 1,652

I had exactly this discussion with the creators of the LOOP (which is a cheap tablet) on Kickstarter.  They also just added a cheap 32 GB card - but had given the impression that this would be internal storage upgrade. This seems to be a lesson that we backers need to learn.

Agreed.
beerchug.gif

Feb 18, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #503 of 1,652
Beta version of the software player is out... "CyberDrive SEIUN player" in Google Play store.  First thing I notice...there doesn't appear to be a way to add an entire album to a playlist. Definitely need that in there..some of us are from the Album generation here
cool.gif

Feb 18, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #504 of 1,652
First thing I noticed was the Junior PHA and the IP Phone dock - looks like their rendering department have been busy!

Feb 18, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #506 of 1,652
Feb 18, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #509 of 1,652
Looking at their retail site it lists the Player " with  "and " external " 32gb memory...   so which one is offered on the crowd funding ??  the descriptions seem to be the same...

http://cyberdrive.audio/products/seiun-player-32gb-build-in

http://cyberdrive.audio/products/copy-of-seiun-player-external-32gb-build-in

Feb 18, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #510 of 1,652
Just now was looking at the description of their player software on the google store...    from there this is written...

The SEIUN player Pro version will release on 2016-06-30

so it looks like the Pro/ProX is targeted for July ...   ???

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Liztic.CyberdriveZeus#details-reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Back