Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Feb 12, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #466 of 1,652
I'm glad you included the word " some " ....    thats what was sent... some....   from what I see they got in a few of the cheaper players...  and sent those " samples " out....   no word what so ever when if ever they plan on shipping the actual orders for these players....  they also have never shown a real picture of the higher end players... just computer mockups...  sorry but its not looking real promising...   they also are using the China holiday as an excuse....  the company is in California... not china

What are you talking. It's made in China. And chinese new year is a very very big holiday there. Thus it is a valid excuse. I'm happy with the way it's moving. After all even if they did send only some, it's still quite on track for me. Considering its a Kickstarter.

Feb 12, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #467 of 1,652
What are you talking. It's made in China. And chinese new year is a very very big holiday there. Thus it is a valid excuse. I'm happy with the way it's moving. After all even if they did send only some, it's still quite on track for me. Considering its a Kickstarter.

If they ordered enough product thru China for the original order then they would have shipped what they promised... they missed it...
the last update they did was to show a stack of shipping envelopes on a desk...   about a dozen show to be full and ready to ship...  again
these pics are from California ... not China....  
They last updated the facebook page on 6 Dec...  

for some reason they can't/wont even show a pic of a sample of the ProX....   several people have asked to be in a beta test prior to final production...  all have been denied so far...

I'm hoping for the best outcome... but its not looking too good at this time...   

Feb 12, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #468 of 1,652
  If they ordered enough product thru China for the original order then they would have shipped what they promised... they missed it...
the last update they did was to show a stack of shipping envelopes on a desk...   about a dozen show to be full and ready to ship...  again
these pics are from California ... not China....  
They last updated the facebook page on 6 Dec...  

for some reason they can't/wont even show a pic of a sample of the ProX....   several people have asked to be in a beta test prior to final production...  all have been denied so far...

I'm hoping for the best outcome... but its not looking too good at this time...   

Boy, Dixter...  I hope you did not back the LH Labs Geek Wave...  Then you'd really have something to complain about!

Feb 13, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #472 of 1,652
  best not to quote that project..  not the same.... 

These are the risk the backers of Kickstarter programs have to take.

From what I can tell, the campaign founders are also Chinese which means they might be involved in the Chinese New Year celebrations.

The players are also made in China since CNY is a big celebration, production will stop for the celebration too.

The time frame they provided are only a estimation of what is going to happen, it does not mean they can adhere to it if any production problems crop up. 

I would rather they take more time to deliver a good quality product than producing a half past 6 product with software glitches in order to fulfill the given estimated date.

My 2 cents. 

Feb 14, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #475 of 1,652
This from indigogo

Just wanted to let everyone know I also had ordered a $40 Clarity Aura DAC from Cyberdrive’s website recently which had arrived a few days ago. I have to say I am IMMENSELY impressed with the sound quality. The quality of the DAC sounded very close to the $400 Pono Player I also have, as well as being able to play the DSD-256 standard which is higher than standard HiRes

until i see a proper review will hold judgment, but if its as half as good audio as the above poster says il be happy 

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #477 of 1,652
I personally had the feather dac unit three days then sent it back. Horrible noises when changing tracks on the iPhone. Fairly high noise floor. Rolled off bass

Just my view and if you do not want to hear it that is fine

I don't have an iPhone and haven't experienced any problems on a Windows laptop with any 'horrible noises', but now upon testing on Android, it performs poorly (sounds muffled, metallic interference sounds, some vinyl-like clicks, compressed sounding with FLAC).  My comments above also list an audible noise floor and bass light tuning (we are in agreement).

I think, in spite of the limitations of the Feather DAC, the value for money equation remains unchanged at the price I paid. I got the DAC and a pair of bass boosted headphones that complement it for $35 from Cyberdrive. There aren't really any competitors in that space that play 16/44.1 to DSD256. Time will tell on the engineering of the upcoming units, but the Feather DAC is pretty good for what it is.

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #478 of 1,652
I like the small size of the device.  But in my case a primary use case would be in the car as an external DAC to my iphone.  

I think the noises between tracks is a function of pretty much no buffers in the device.  At least that is my guess.

I paid a bit more for less (no headphones)  and I expected a more neutral sound signature.  

In my case I do have two FIIO units that also function as DACs and both act better with the iphone (using a CCK of course).

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #479 of 1,652
  I don't have an iPhone and haven't experienced any problems on a Windows laptop with any 'horrible noises', but now upon testing on Android, it performs poorly (sounds muffled, metallic interference sounds, some vinyl-like clicks, compressed sounding with FLAC).  My comments above also list an audible noise floor and bass light tuning (we are in agreement).

I think, in spite of the limitations of the Feather DAC, the value for money equation remains unchanged at the price I paid. I got the DAC and a pair of bass boosted headphones that complement it for $35 from Cyberdrive. There aren't really any competitors in that space that play 16/44.1 to DSD256. Time will tell on the engineering of the upcoming units, but the Feather DAC is pretty good for what it is.

Let me see if I understand this......

You have a Feather DAC from Cyberdrive.
You attach it to your Laptop and have no issues whatsoever.
You attach it to an Android device and it is beyond horrible.
You come to the conclusion the Feather DAC is to blame.....this defies any logic. Sorry.

Cheers.

Feb 15, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #480 of 1,652
Let me see if I understand this......

You have a Feather DAC from Cyberdrive.
You attach it to your Laptop and have no issues whatsoever.
You attach it to an Android device and it is beyond horrible.
You come to the conclusion the Feather DAC is to blame.....this defies any logic. Sorry.

Cheers.

A logical person might conclude the dac is suffering from interference with the Android device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back