Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Feb 7, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #451 of 1,652
I am tempted by the seiun pro-x, with the amount of storage it has and if it can play dsd files competently and then connect to a dac/amp it would be worth considering but a bit worrying that just over a month from shipment nobody has seen a working copy yet. I've been waiting on reviews of the basic seiun player because if they can't manage that they have no chance with the seiun pro-x

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #452 of 1,652
I am tempted by the seiun pro-x, with the amount of storage it has and if it can play dsd files competently and then connect to a dac/amp it would be worth considering but a bit worrying that just over a month from shipment nobody has seen a working copy yet. I've been waiting on reviews of the basic seiun player because if they can't manage that they have no chance with the seiun pro-x

Same reason I supported the campaign. Hoping it works out in the end.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #454 of 1,652

I have the Cyberdrive Clarity Feather DAC/Amp. It is affordable and functional. It is a touch bass light and has an audible noise floor, but it is well worth it for the $35 I paid with international delivery. In most music listening situations you'll not hear the noise floor, and you might not hear it anyway given variance in ears. The DAC plays DSD natively with no problems and plays nice with IEMs.

I backed the Pro X, and expect it to be well worth the price paid. I wouldn't worry about any delays. This is normal for a Kickstarter/IndieGoGo project, especially a wildly successful one. Right now it is Chinese New Year, so I'd cut them some slack.

Cheers,
Micah

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #456 of 1,652
There is a link to the survey here and on indiegogo (comments).

Here you go
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14E_hUd8plFRNLs4yrL5UfPf0I4Ysu6z1DdEHYHPyYxU/viewform?fbzx=4460100325669923000

Feb 12, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #460 of 1,652
The ProX has an additional chip in it to decide natively. The Pro does it via PCM as it didn't have the additional component , if I remember correctly.

Feb 12, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #461 of 1,652
The ProX has an additional chip in it to decide natively. The Pro does it via PCM as it didn't have the additional component , if I remember correctly.

Darn , i would have to get the pro x thenn......

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #463 of 1,652
I was going to order the ProX, but ordered the Player first ..........to see if it met my expectations. If it did, I was planning on then ordering the ProX, but I still have not received the Player, nor even the confirmation of the survey. Since the Player is much more inexpensive, I'm glad that I ordered it first, as a test run.

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #465 of 1,652
@Dixtercheck Indiegogo some users have already received it. They didn't receive confirmation mails too.

I'm glad you included the word " some " ....    thats what was sent... some....   from what I see they got in a few of the cheaper players...  and sent those " samples " out....   no word what so ever when if ever they plan on shipping the actual orders for these players....  they also have never shown a real picture of the higher end players... just computer mockups...  sorry but its not looking real promising...   they also are using the China holiday as an excuse....  the company is in California... not china

Users who are viewing this thread

Back