Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Jun 24, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #886 of 1,652
I'm afraid I have to agree. I was very tempted by this, but now glad I decided to go a different direction and back a different campaign and player. I hope the backers ultimately get a great player, but I would be very frustrated by the way this has played out.

Jun 24, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #887 of 1,652
At the moment my heads full of Getting a new Amp Dac Combo. A new Burson, The new Mytek brooklyn or Keep the OPPO ha1 and get a SCHITT Multi bit. I've been saving and now we are trying for a baby
She don't mind...

Seiun is a nice distraction but I don't expect much. It was only so I had an independent transport to the Amp DAC, as I am using my Phone.. If the baby happens it's No Yaggy, Liquid gold Amp end game for years. So maybe the Mytek so if tidal comes good I may have MQA..

Maybe splash out on a Eco 12V linear. Sell the oppo for £600 give someone a bargin..

Just don't forget at this indiegogo price it will have to be bad and I can't see that.

But we are the people who will say yes and no for future sales when people ask here or Google. Fiio hit the market at a price no one can beat. The market is full of DAPS, so quality and price do matter. But a bad reputation for the want of a few random updates is crazy.

But anything I can do to help I will.

Keep smiling and with the wife I'll keep trying...

Dave 8^)

I can heartily recommend the Questyle CMA 600i. You can get it from Custom Cable. I'll be writing up a review in the next few weeks.

Jun 24, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #888 of 1,652

You did not BUY anything.

You funded a project in progress.

You knew this from the get go.

Go and ask for a refund.

Cheers.

Wow, talk about passive aggressive. Yes, we 'funded' a project due for delivery in March; one where communication was Stella all the while the 'funding' window was open and has been lacklustre since.

Not being negative,just being honest. I still have faith but I doubt I will fund anything they offer again.

Compare this with another company I have 'funded' or 'backed' such as trinity audio from the Uk; a company that I would and have trusted with 5 x what I put up to seiun.

They have arguably the best communication I have ever experienced, yes delays have been experienced but confidence has never dropped due to the effort they put in (not only when the 'funding window' is open).

Hate to draw comparisons but alot could be learnt in this case.

That isn't entirely fair to Cyberdrive as most of their team doesn't speak English and the ones that do are non-native speakers that are middling in English. Bob of Trinity, who is good on communication and customer service, though not perfect, is a native English speaker who designed headphones for RockJaw before starting up Trinity. He has both more experience, and natural advantages.

Jun 25, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #889 of 1,652
I'm afraid I have to agree. I was very tempted by this, but now glad I decided to go a different direction and back a different campaign and player. I hope the backers ultimately get a great player, but I would be very frustrated by the way this has played out.

And what would that be? PM me the link plz
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #892 of 1,652
That isn't entirely fair to Cyberdrive as most of their team doesn't speak English and the ones that do are non-native speakers that are middling in English. Bob of Trinity, who is good on communication and customer service, though not perfect, is a native English speaker who designed headphones for RockJaw before starting up Trinity. He has both more experience, and natural advantages.

There is a learning curve for running an Indiegogo campaign too, and they are going through that as well as trying to build something. The delays have been tolerable for people who know what Indiegogo is - it is an investment in company building, or in building someone's dream device, which they hope to sell off to a major player. Those who thing it is just long lead time shopping are bound to be the ones who post childish, bitching fits, and cause 90% of the trouble in the comments. Indiegogo is not a shopping site. It is for investing in products that show promise, and getting a break on the price of the first units. People who just want the price break and a set schedule are not good investors, and would honestly be better for everyone if they stayed away. Buy it retail, if it works out. Otherwise, just move on.

There is another type of builder on Indiegogo, those who have established companies and experience with design, vendors, and making products, who use Indiegogo to finance new designs, which is a good idea. Maybe those who just want to shop for a discount should stick to those vendors, and only those.

Jun 26, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #894 of 1,652
  You did not BUY anything.

You funded a project in progress.

You knew this from the get go.

Go and ask for a refund.

Cheers.

It's comments like these that make companies think it's ok to keep their investors in the dark. I have also funded other projects and been well pleased with the process and communication from the manufacturer who appreciates my funding. For the record, I did buy something, I bought a product in development, they got my money and they undertook to deliver said product within a certain window of time. Most people would consider this a sale, I do, so in my mind I bought something. If you don't like my comments, to which I am justly entitled, ignore them and refrain from posting passive aggressive comments related to them. Your response was uncalled for and insulting to me.  

Jun 27, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #895 of 1,652

It's comments like these that make companies think it's ok to keep their investors in the dark. I have also funded other projects and been well pleased with the process and communication from the manufacturer who appreciates my funding.

Precisely.

As I said 2 months ago, nothing is going to come out of this project before at least September, and it is an optimistic estimate, given their latest announcements regarding beta testing.
And while they're focusing on the Pro/ProX players, it looks like standstill with the PHA amp.
We'll be lucky to have anything this year in the end.
They really need a decent project manager to organize a realistic schedule and start keeping deadlines.

Jul 1, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #896 of 1,652
I just finished a brief review of the basic Seiun Model entry model.

I found it to be quite pleasing with a decent set of IEMs.

http://headpie.blogspot.jp/2016/07/cyberdrive-seiun-player-review-and.html?m=1

Jul 3, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #897 of 1,652

I'd pay the kickstart price for this but not the asking price now.

Jul 4, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #900 of 1,652

Out of curiosity, did you max out a 64 gb or higher memory card?  When I put over 5k songs, the player instantly crashes on me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back