seeking dual input combo heapdhone amp and preamp; suggestions?
Jul 2, 2012 at 10:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

targetzone

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone could give me some gear suggestions.  I'm looking for a headphone amp/preamp combo and here are the requirements:

1) Relatively affordable (around $350)
2) Must have a pair of RCA inputs (one for computer, one for xbox)
3) can be tube/SS, but must be safe to run the preamp output into DC coupled amps (this rules out the Little Dot)
4) must be compact, and not a full sized preamp box unit

Thanks for your help everyone!

Jul 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone could give me some gear suggestions.  I'm looking for a headphone amp/preamp combo and here are the requirements:

1) Relatively affordable (around $350)
2) Must have a pair of RCA inputs (one for computer, one for xbox)
3) can be tube/SS, but must be safe to run the preamp output into DC coupled amps (this rules out the Little Dot)
4) must be compact, and not a full sized preamp box unit

Thanks for your help everyone!

The closest thing in your price range I can think of is the Audio-gd NFB-6 $399. They are celebrating an anniversary and are honoring discounts. You can find XLR/RCA adapters/cables that can suit your needs. Look into it. I don't think you can get any more than this at the price.

Jul 4, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #3 of 3
Once again I must recommend the Matrix M-stage, it´s really capable for it´s price!

258$ with free shipping:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matrix-m-stage-Headphone-Amplifier-Amp-class-A-2011-new-/140587163079?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item20bba5ddc7#ht_2942wt_905

I have bought things from this seller before, they reply at messages in minutes and shipping is really fast.

There is much to read about the M-stage here at Head-Fi if you search the forums.

Here is a link to a review at Headfonia:
http://www.headfonia.com/matrix-m-stage/

I´m not 100% sure about the "but must be safe to run the preamp output into DC coupled amps"-part. I just assumed that it´s mainly a tube-amp problem :wink:

/ ChriG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back