Seeking Budget Computer Speakers - Aus
Jan 5, 2024 at 8:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

artkingjw

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm after some computer speakers that are cheap, think < AU$100 (< US$ 67). Located in Australia. What's a good non-Logitech option these days? Or is Logitech really the best option in my specific case? Better to spend as little as possible?

I'm moving into a small room, but with a sit-stand desk as my WFH space. My primary listening is done on headphones. Speakers are as an alternative when I need to share audio with people, or when I'm too sweaty and disgusting. On average, I use speakers 10-20% of the time I listen to audio.

My expectations are:
1) Speakers make sound
2) Speech is intelligible
3) Fits in my space/desk
4) Simple setup
5) Unlikely to break*

Due to the size of my space, and the sit-stand desk, I don't think a subwoofer system will fit. I'm waiting till more stuff gets settled so I can figure out the space. For now assume no sub. I'm not expecting great audio, just want to make sure I am getting the best bang for buck option.
I am willing to buy used if available. No rush.

Cheers!

* I was surprised by how many problems I got from a set of budget Cyber Acoustics speakers

EDIT: I will use the 3.5mm audio out jacks from my PC or laptop. Music wise I listen to everything, but especially rock and orchestral stuff.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #3 of 3
hmm a retailer nearby is selling these Edifier R1100's for 70 bucks... Probably does not fit my setup, and is more complicated... but these would look awesome haha

91jCXXE7ufL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'll give the Pebbles a look the next time I go by the store. Cheers.

Any thoughts on the Audio-Technica AT-SP95?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back