Seeking awesome sounding closed portable.
Aug 17, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by adiZero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also like that you can carry them around without being afraid of damaging them.

This is amazing given the ES7 is noticeably heavier than the HD 25-1 II, yet feels much more breakable. I don't know about the woodies.

Aug 18, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #18 of 23
Awesome...my choices are then HD 25 I ii or the ESW9. If these are truly wonderful sounding and pretty robust, I'll just have to save up an extra few weeks.
Cheers!

Aug 18, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #19 of 23
Yee-haw. Ordered the HD 25 I- II. I had to sell my HD280 Pros to help fund these guys.
I really hope that these sound as good as reported, and that they are to portable closed cans as the SR60i are to portable open cans, or at least approaching that.
BTW...just realized that I really should have placed this thread in the portable folder, not in the full size...sorry about that. : )

Aug 18, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #20 of 23
Good Choice, You shall be very pleased. Like others have stated, if isolation is of importance the You have made the right choice. I would have a pair of ESW9/10s Myself if they isolated better. That was pretty much the deal breaker for Me, I think that even the ALO Modded AT SQ5s are a much better deal & more practical for portable use. Enjoy Your new HPs.

Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Aug 18, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #21 of 23
just wondering, do esw9's leak sound? that's a bigger concern for me than isolation

Aug 18, 2009 at 10:31 AM Post #23 of 23
I wanna buy a good portable headphone,too.Some people recommended me the following:shure 840,German Maestro 8.35,sony 7509hd.(i haven't tried any of them yet...)

Today i tried the hd25i-ii at a shop,out of my portable sony cdp,after these recommendations here.I also tried the 595,which i have also tried some years ago and i liked it(this is open though...)

To be honest,i didn't like the hd25...i don't mean it's bad,i suppose it's for studio use and not for hi-fi,but i prefer something a little warmer and smoother.I also didn't like the fit.

The hd 595 has excellent fit and comfort,and it's sound signature is more to my liking,although it was a bit veiled/dull and slow,not so exciting,out of my portable(burn in needed?).But it has a pleasant sound signature with smooth highs and a bit warm sound overall,and i liked this polite sound more than the hd 25 colder/edged character.It is open design though,and i want something with better isolation...

I'm also considering the esw 9 but it's difficult to find it here in greece for demo it,and i never buy from internet.

The next two i'm planning to audition are the G.M 8.35,and shure 840 to make up my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back