Seattle / Woodinville (July 17th) meet impression.
Jul 26, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #61 of 70
Hey Sachu, what was that amp I had The XX playing, complaining about the the lack of bass at the Centralia Meet? My ears were good that day right?

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #62 of 70

Quote:
Hey Sachu, what was that amp I had The XX playing, complaining about the the lack of bass at the Centralia Meet? My ears were good that day right?

haha..i think you found both the Stacker 2 and the Liquid Fire prototype to be lacking in bass. As to your hearing ..
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

You should make it down to the Portland meet with Kingstyles, Griffin and Ethan dude. The 29th of August work for you chaps?

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #63 of 70
I will make it if everything goes right? How are the after meets? Pretty spoiled up here
tongue.gif
Is it beer friendly venue? Yeah I know that I'm pushing it. It is ALL GOOD.

Jul 26, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #64 of 70
Was the Frankenstein coverless amp at the Centralia meet the Liquid Fire prototype?

And if we have Seattle folks going down, we should definitely carpool.  Would make the drive go by faster and we can pool money for gas.

Jul 26, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #65 of 70
Yup it indeed was the prototype. There have been some significant changes from that amp to the production amp however.

Gil, after meet party's gonna be rockin. Tons of microbreweries strewn around. We can bar hop till we drop if we choose to.
beerchug.gif

Jul 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #66 of 70
Changes?  Awww...will they at least include a "electrocution danger" warning side for old times' sake?  lol

Uh oh...sounds like we'll need a designated driver.  Ya know I can't pass up a good beer if it's sitting in front of me.

Jul 26, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #67 of 70
hehe..well major changes were to power supply and power supply management. The liquid gold and the liquid fire both share similar sound signatures. The Liquid Gold is easily the fastest amp (stupidly fast) I have heard followed by the Liquid Fire then EHHA-1 and then the stacker 2.

I think you will love the two Liquid Cavalli amps Ethan if you love the Stacker 2. And if you bring the Stacker 2 down,with you we can roll some output devices in the amp and send you off with the best output transistors you like :)

My living situation isn't ideal else I would have tried out some Toshiba and Hitachi MOSFETs inthe LIquid Gold amp. I hear they are supposedly quite superior to the IRFs I am currently using. But listening to this amp as I type this, i can say that I am damn fortunate to be able to prototype it for Alex Cavalli and can see myself using this amp exclusively.

Jul 26, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #68 of 70
The Liquid Gold is SS right?  If so, similar sound signature as the Stacker II out of a solid state with speed...now that sounds like a keeper.  Not that I really should be tempting myself with another decent sized audio purchase for...umm...at least 6 months.

Aww man...you're just making it harder and harder to actually say no to the Portland drive.  LOL.  You had mentioned once about eventually replacing the pot on the Stacker 2...if I end up coming down, should I look around for a replacement on my side or do you have something that would work down there?

Aug 5, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #70 of 70
Nice Meet,
Well done to all and Big Poppa in particular, loved his black hat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back