Seattle Sunday New Year Meet at the Frye Museum 01/05/14
Jan 4, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #181 of 217
  Yeah marketing speak is an instant 'red flag' for me as well.  And their 'marketing outreach' is a bit 'thin'.  But then I'd rather have it that way, that its opposite.

And I know Tyll personally, and he provided the motivation (ie. pushed me) to explore this whole avenue of investigation.  I have installed the 'anax' mods (as in several versions of them) and they all had their strengths and weaknesses, but they were (relatively) easy to remove and try another version.  

But this SAA mod is much more 'permanent', so it is a 'risk' in that if you don't like the results there is much more involved in going back to stock.

And this SAA mod does WAY more than than any version of the anax mods.  At least in terms of audible results.  When coupled with 'proper' upstream equipment and source material, the results can be astounding.

And I wish to meet with you and heartily thank you for your efforts as well.  Between the HD-800 mods, and a few others I have made, I also purchased 2 of your power cable kits.  I then proceeded to 'mod' them, heavily.  The results, in my system, are astounding as well.  The system I now have is the culmination of decades of investigation and exploring a variety of 'key' factors, which all coalesced into what I currently enjoy.  And this SAA HD-800 mod is an indispensable part of my system, as well as what your power cables (now in generation-4) revealed to me.  Such that they still are a point of reference in my system.

As for the lack of measurements, we are working on that.  

And I'm sure that everyone is aware that there are very few folks who are capable of performing measurements on headphones and related gear.  So in this regard it doesn't surprise me that there is a lack of measurements.

Tyll is a pioneer and we are lucky he had the foresight to not just see the need for these measurements, but also that he made it happen.

JJ

I'm a little confused by your response.  Are you saying that you have had the SAA mod done to your HD-800s?  If so, are you bringing them tomorrow?

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #182 of 217
Well my son is busy, anybody heading down there from up north that could give me a ride? I live in Everett, right off the freeway.

I 'm in Bothell, so you can PM me the details. If I leave at 9:00-9:30 and traffic is OK, we can be at the Frye at 10:00-10:30.

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #183 of 217
  I'm a little confused by your response.  Are you saying that you have had the SAA mod done to your HD-800s?  If so, are you bringing them tomorrow?

That is a YEP!

I'll be bringing my hardwired and modded HD-800's along with some wires and a 'select sampling' of some 5 star albums on a usb stick.

JJ
atsmile.gif

Jan 4, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #184 of 217
Just found out about this meet and am glad I didn't miss it!

I'm just getting started with this hobby but can bring:

Earsonics SM64
Beyer T90
HRT Microstreamer
HTC One + USB OTG cable (micro to mini)

I'm very interested in trying some amps to bring the best out of the T90, yet still work with my IEMs. The Microstreamer is great with the SM64s but not the T90 it seems. Does anyone have a Project Ember or Bottlehead SEX they can bring?

Is trading allowed? I've a brand new W4R (warranty replacement) that I don't need due to the SM64 and incoming V6-Stage.

If anyone is interested I can also bring the Brainwavz B2 and TDK BA-200.

Can't be there until about 1:00, so if per chance anyone is interested in hearing anything of mine send me a PM.

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #186 of 217
Just found out about this meet and am glad I didn't miss it!

I'm just getting started with this hobby but can bring:

Earsonics SM64
Beyer T90
HRT Microstreamer
HTC One + USB OTG cable (micro to mini)

I'm very interested in trying some amps to bring the best out of the T90, yet still work with my IEMs. The Microstreamer is great with the SM64s but not the T90 it seems. Does anyone have a Project Ember or Bottlehead SEX they can bring?

Is trading allowed? I've a brand new W4R (warranty replacement) that I don't need due to the SM64 and incoming V6-Stage.

If anyone is interested I can also bring the Brainwavz B2 and TDK BA-200.

Can't be there until about 1:00, so if per chance anyone is interested in hearing anything of mine send me a PM.

Would like to hear T90 driven by my Valhalla!

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #188 of 217
Subbed. Good luck gang from the north of me!

Jan 4, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #189 of 217
Please feel free to join Big Poppa and I for breakfast at Skillet before the meet. We will be at the restaurant at 8:30, and head to the museum a bit before 10 AM to help everyone get into the museum smoothly.

The diner?
1400 East Union Street
Seattle, WA 98122
?

Jan 4, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #190 of 217
I'm glad the topic of skepticism regarding SAA has come up. When I saw johnjen's original post on them I immediately emailed SAA and asked them to send a loaner to Tyll. I got a lengthy response that only furthered my skepticism. If SAA is unwilling to subject their work to Tyll's measurements and ears, perhaps johnjen would be willing to take one for the team and send his off to Tyll for a few weeks? SAA claims distortion reduction is a key benefit of the ultra mod. That's an easy thing to see in measurements.

I'm still hoping to make it to the meet tomorrow to hear for myself. Unfortunately, I'm not certain that my schedule will permit.

Jan 4, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #192 of 217
Anyone bringing a Mjolnir? I wanted to hear it paired with one of the da8s that will be there but may not be able to stay long enough to justify bringing mine.

I am also very interested to hear a dx100, 901, or an ak120 or a pico power portable amp - will anyone be bringing any of these?

I will at least bring my lcd2v2 with balance and se cables, my dx50, bh2, and my hiditions.

Jan 4, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #193 of 217
I might not go...hmm

Jan 4, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #194 of 217
For those who dont know the Seattle Headfier's do have a fb page. Link is on my sig. There is more info about the meet there. I know breakfast is 830 but will get there a little earlier to get on list. Miceblue, you making another youtube video? Those are pretty cool..

Jan 4, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #195 of 217

Users who are viewing this thread

Back