Seattle Sunday New Year Meet at the Frye Museum 01/05/14
Jan 2, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #137 of 217
I just heard about this meet.

I'll be there, perhaps with a few cables and such.
Oh, and my majorly modded HD-800's

JJ

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #139 of 217
Just moved to the area last summer from SF.  I may try to pop my head in to meet some people and listen to a few rigs.  Not sure if I'll have enough time to actually bring some of my stuff, but we'll see.

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #140 of 217
  Just moved to the area last summer from SF.  I may try to pop my head in to meet some people and listen to a few rigs.  Not sure if I'll have enough time to actually bring some of my stuff, but we'll see.

You have an SR-007. Of nearly all the high-end stats, it's the one stat I haven't auditioned...

Jan 2, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #141 of 217
Does anyone have a SACD player? I think I remember someone having one in the past, but I'm not sure if it's still available. I re-checked out a SACD album from the library and I would be interested in hearing the DSD layer for the first time.

I have one actually several, I can bring if need be. I need to try and get a ride first though.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #142 of 217
  I just heard about this meet.

I'll be there, perhaps with a few cables and such.
Oh, and my majorly modded HD-800's

JJ

I can't wait to listen to the HD800's. Saving up for them as we speak and want to learn about the mods.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #143 of 217
I might bring my HE-500's, though idk how careful people are with equipment... I've heard about bad things happening at meets tbh
Does anyone have Jergpads that I can try out??

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #144 of 217
  I can't wait to listen to the HD800's. Saving up for them as we speak and want to learn about the mods.

Thus far I see 2 levels of mods for the 800's.
The DIY'r, low cost, hands on, add some dampening.
And the $$ pro level (send it in).

Both are good to do, depending upon the degree of fanaticism 
gs1000.gif

well that, and if the budget will allow.

JJ :thumb

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #145 of 217
Hi everyone I'm going to post some logistical info on behalf of Big Poppa. My connection to the event is that I am an exhibiting artist at the Frye Museum, and when I was asked what kind of public programing I would like to do, I thought of you guys.  The meet will be held inside my show at the museum.

Arrival:
Everyone bringing equipment (from boxes to just a backpack) will need to check in at the security desk and enter through the rear entrance in the alley. This is because moving equipment through the galleries could result in damaged artwork and backpacks would normally have to be checked at the front desk before entering.

To prevent a traffic jam in the alley Big Poppa suggests that we park in the Frye parking lot across the street (labeled in green below), and take turns driving into the alley, and unloading gear into the back of the museum. Boren Ave is Right Turn Only here, so it is best to enter the alley on Collumbia, then exit to the right (south) down Boren. Big Poppa and I will be outside at the museum at 10 AM. Even if you are on foot, the museum has asked that all exhibiting Head-Fi'ers check in through the back.

Setup:
The museum is letting us in an hour early to set up our equipment (they open at 11 AM). They will provide tables. As with any meet, surge protectors are a must. There will be room off the gallery to store boxes and personal belongings.

Clean-Up:
We will need to begin tearing down at 4 PM, and be out of the museum by 5. We will need to exit the way we came in, loading in the alley and checking out with security.

Some notes: 
This is a public event at the museum and there will be a higher number of non-Head-Fi'ers than normal, so I advise that we all keep an eye on each others gear.
Big Poppa and the museum suggested that we wear our badges from other meets to differentiate Head-Fi members from the public. I will also supply name-tags for everyone to use.

There will be gallery docents around to make sure no one sneezes on the art or anything. 

Please feel free to join Big Poppa and I for breakfast at Skillet before the meet. We will be at the restaurant at 8:30, and head to the museum a bit before 10 AM to help everyone get into the museum smoothly.

Also, I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be shooting some video during the meet and might ask you to do an interview about your rig, so please let me know if you do not want to be filmed.

-Jason
call me with any questions: (two zero six) 799-8198

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #146 of 217
  I might bring my HE-500's, though idk how careful people are with equipment... I've heard about bad things happening at meets tbh

Im bringing mine, we're gonna have a couple pairs there to try so if you want to leave yours home its up to you, however its funner if you participate 
and plug your phones into everyone elses gear, everyones been super careful with each others gear from what i've seen in previous meets. However seeing as how this is a more public event in a museum, with some non-headfiers dropping in, there should be a little extra caution. I've not been to Frye, so im not sure what the security is like there.

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #147 of 217

Im bringing mine, we're gonna have a couple pairs there to try so if you want to leave yours home its up to you, however its funner if you participate 
and plug your phones into everyone elses gear, everyones been super careful with each others gear from what i've seen in previous meets. Nothing to worry about.

Hm, you started a thread about bone conduction headphones a long time ago back in 2007. I just received a pair from Cynaps' Indigogo campaign. Are you, or anyone else, interested in hearing them?
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-cynaps-enhance-hearing-restoration-project-testing-hacking-goodwill

I won't include the headband because it's extremely uncomfortable, fragile-feeling, and is probably too small for most normal-sized heads.

Surprisingly they work pretty well for what it's worth. They work as speakers too when placed on a desktop and reminds me of the WOWee One in that regards since it has a sticky gel-like pad on it (like an EKG's electrodes).

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKPMEbvlN9k[/video]

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #148 of 217
Sounds interesting. May drop by to take a peek. Hopefully won't get intimidated by all the awesome gears.

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #149 of 217
Hm, you started a thread about bone conduction headphones a long time ago back in 2007. I just received a pair from Cynaps' Indigogo campaign. Are you, or anyone else, interested in hearing them?
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-cynaps-enhance-hearing-restoration-project-testing-hacking-goodwill

I would be very interested in trying these!

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #150 of 217

I won't include the headband because it's extremely uncomfortable, fragile-feeling, and is probably too small for most normal-sized heads.

Surprisingly they work pretty well for what it's worth. They work as speakers too when placed on a desktop and reminds me of the WOWee One in that regards since it has a sticky gel-like pad on it (like an EKG's electrodes).

Yes, absolutely bring them, the more phones the merrier :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back