Seattle Sunday New Year Meet at the Frye Museum 01/05/14
Dec 26, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #107 of 217
Jbl speakers on my Xps17.........and bluetooth hs3000....that's about all that I'm proud to own in the audio department.
Well, and my ginormous flac collection haha.

If you're ripping to flac, that's a great place to start -- quality source material.

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #108 of 217
So do I need to sign up somewhere or just show up with my cans.. My only sources will be an iPad, iPad mini and maybe an extra iPhone 4S I have.. I'll load up what ever lossless files I got..

Dec 27, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #109 of 217
So do I need to sign up somewhere or just show up with my cans.. My only sources will be an iPad, iPad mini and maybe an extra iPhone 4S I have.. I'll load up what ever lossless files I got..

Ditto. Is it possible to generate a post that covers all the relevant logistics for someone bringing equipment? Everything from parking to entering to signing in to transporting equipment to availability of electricity and wifi to table space?

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #110 of 217
Don't mistake Big Poppa for being organized :wink:. The logistics is pile all your stuff in the car, find a table at the museum and repile all your stuff there. The only thing really you shouldn't forget is a power strip. There's generally plenty of electric outlets and tables, as most places have meetings there and everyone has laptops etc. I'll believe the sign in/out when I see it. After you put your rig together we talk about how good breakfast was then discuss what beer we should have afterwards. Sometimes we even listen to other people's gear. If we are there long enough people will start swapping pieces of gear to see if it will really sound that good in their rig.

hth

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #111 of 217
  Hell yeah! I'm pretty sure I can make it. If I can, I'll definitely bring my stuff too.

Audeze LCD 2.25
Sony mdr-z1000
Schiit Mjolnir
Schiit Bifrost UBER USB v.2.

Pbal - I'm glad you are bringing a Mjolnir!  I will be bringing a pair of Audeze LCD-3's.  I have a Burson Soloist on order, but it now looks like it won't be delivered in time for the meet.

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #112 of 217
  I can bring a Bakoon HPA-21 and a Burson Conductor.  I don't have headphones for them at the moment though.

Great.  I'll be bringing the LCD-3's, which are supposed to mate well with both these amps.  I was hoping to have my Burson Soloist with me, but it will not arrive in time.

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #113 of 217
Don't mistake Big Poppa for being organized :wink:. The logistics is pile all your stuff in the car, find a table at the museum and repile all your stuff there. The only thing really you shouldn't forget is a power strip. There's generally plenty of electric outlets and tables, as most places have meetings there and everyone has laptops etc. I'll believe the sign in/out when I see it. After you put your rig together we talk about how good breakfast was then discuss what beer we should have afterwards. Sometimes we even listen to other people's gear. If we are there long enough people will start swapping pieces of gear to see if it will really sound that good in their rig.

hth

Easy there Big Boy....lol. There are staff with everything we need to unload and help at the loading dock. It should be seamless. There will be docents...Not as busy as I usually am. Just working 6 days a week . And the Sunday meet worked for me too. Still haven't decided breakfast? Maybe skillet diner? Aftermeet????

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #115 of 217
Lola http://tomdouglas.com/index.php/restaurants/lola? Pretty close at least. Everything else rated good is on Capitol Hill. I'm hungry already.

Menu looks pretty tasty, I would be happy to give them a go!

I have gotten the day off from work thank goodness, I'm really looking forward to going to this! Never been to the Frye Museum either, so it'll be an interesting day for sure.

I'll be bringing my ATH-AD900X's to try out on different setups along with my source music. What format is most widely used for stuff like this (USB, CD's, etc.)? 

Dec 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #116 of 217
If we are going in that area for the aftermeet., I would suggest the black bottle. They make plates chefs lick....... True story.....

Dec 30, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #117 of 217

I'll be bringing my ATH-AD900X's to try out on different setups along with my source music. What format is most widely used for stuff like this (USB, CD's, etc.)? 

Even though I'm bringing a Lyr and a JDS Labs DAC/Amp, I'm not well set up for a source.  I may bring my laptop along with a Meridian Explorer.  What do most people bring for sources?

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #118 of 217
Even though I'm bringing a Lyr and a JDS Labs DAC/Amp, I'm not well set up for a source.  I may bring my laptop along with a Meridian Explorer.  What do most people bring for sources?

I used to have an AK120 for a source, but now I just use a 160GB Classic coupled with a CLAS.

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #120 of 217
Will be bringing a 
Lisa 3 Desktop Amp
Lisa 3 Woodie
Audio-gd NFB 1.32 DAC
Hifiman HE-500 - w/Silver Poison Re-cable from Toxic Cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back