Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014
Mar 31, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #46 of 245
Ok, I'll keep this particular post updated if people add on to the thread with songs they find unique or just want to hear through different setups:

"Up Close" Ottmar Liebert - acoustic guitar, binaural (Up Close CD)

"Novocaine" Amber Rubarth - female vocals, acoustic, binaural (Sessions from the 17th Ward CD)

"Saint- Saens: Samson et Dalila / Act 3 -Bacchanale" Gustavo Dudamel (Discoveries CD)
  - great dynamic range, swells, great test for amps/HP

"Daybreak" Overwerk

"Where Do I Belong" Infected Mushroom

"Saeed" Infected Mushroom

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #47 of 245
  Ok, I'll keep this particular post updated if people add on to the thread with songs they find unique or just want to hear through different setups:

"Up Close" Ottmar Liebert - acoustic guitar, binaural (Up Close CD)

"Novocaine" Amber Rubarth - female vocals, acoustic, binaural (Sessions from the 17th Ward CD)

"Saint- Saens: Samson et Dalila / Act 3 -Bacchanale" Gustavo Dudamel (Discoveries CD)
  - great dynamic range, swells, great test for amps/HP

"Daybreak" Overwerk

"Where Do I Belong" Infected Mushroom

"Saeed" Infected Mushroom

Van Halen - Van Halen [2000 HDCD Remaster] - "Eruption" and "Ice Cream Man"
Rise Against - The Sufferer & the Witness - Worth Dying For"
Santana - Supernatural - "Smooth"
Quincy Jones - The Dude - "One Hundred Ways"
M83 - Hurry Up We're Dreaming (Vinyl Rip) - "Midnight City", "OK Pal" and "Claudia Lewis"
Death Cab for Cutie - Plans - "I Will Follow You into the Dark" and "Your Heart is an Empty Room"
Amos Lee - Supply and Demand - "Long Line of Pain"
Tupac - "Thugz Mansion (Acoustic Version)"
Phil Collins - Face Value - "In The Air Tonight"
The Eagles - "Hotel California"
Rage Against The Machine - "Know Your Enemy" and "Killing in the Name"

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #50 of 245
Giorgio by Moroder is my fav
Though you guys should also add Technologic

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #51 of 245
Any particular songs? A couple that stands out from that album to me are:
"Lose Yourself To Dance"
"Beyond"
"Doin' It Right"

I think Daft Punk's "Random Access Memories" album should be added as well.

I personally like "Give Life Back to Music" since there are a variety of repetitive sounds that can be tracked (treble sparkle/drumset, bass guitar, guitar, instrument separation near the end with the background people, etc.). Motherboard is also a good one for treble grain, instrument separation, and bass extension in the second half of the song.

Kudos for Ottmar Liebert's album. That is by far my favourite binaural album.

How about "Get Behind the Mule" by John Hammond for male vocal timbre, texture, midrange weight, and transparency?
http://www.hdtracks.com/open-your-ears

The AKG K 701 doesn't do this song justice compared to an Audeze headphone. XD

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #53 of 245
Any ideas on how we're getting these songs for the masses?

I for one have no problem with Spotify. Their paid service of $10/mo allows 320kbps ogg vorbis downloads. A playlist can be made and shared on there. (Will there be internet WiFi at Bottlehead?)

If you want.... I could let you "borrow them" :wink:
I'll give it to you through dropbox

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #55 of 245
That's one way. But ALL the songs? Or maybe we can make a collective?

Maybe the distribution part needs to be discussed via PM. Has anything like this been done before?

I could give you all of them... but idk what else we could do. Spotify would allow everyone to view the same playlist at least.

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #56 of 245
If there is internet connection then Spotify might be best. If people want to try their paid service the first month should be free IIRC and the rest is 10/mo. It allows you to store up 3333 songs offline in 320kbps ogg vorbis to up to 3 devices. With offline contents you wouldn't need internet.

You could stream as well at that rate but if everyone did that I think the broadband speed at Bottlehead would be a bottleneck.

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #57 of 245
If there is internet connection then Spotify might be best. If people want to try their paid service the first month should be free IIRC and the rest is 10/mo. It allows you to store up 3333 songs offline in 320kbps ogg vorbis. You could stream as well but if everyone did that I think the broadband speed at Bottlehead would be a bottleneck.

Rofl good one
deadhorse.gif

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #58 of 245
I think you guys should use at least FLAC, actually I would suggest uncompressed files and include some high res. MP3 is not a quality format, it is a quantity format.

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #59 of 245
Probably can make it. Nothing new in the system.

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #60 of 245
I'll have a few examples of songs, maybe with enough input from the thread we can get a solid playlist going. Doesn't have to be exact but a bit of redundancy will go a long way.

A thing to take in consideration, there are rigs that have a subscription services and let peeps to pick out their own music. Some just open their library on their computers and let peeps pick out their own playlist. I may be the last holdout still using a cd player. And I bring a box of cd's to choose from. What I do if I find music that I like is write it down and then try to buy it.
If you go to something like "Music Matters" then every room will have a specific playlist that will last the 15-20 minutes of their demonstration. And you go to every room and listen to 6-7 great rigs over an evening.
Hope this gives you a better idea how things roll at a meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back