NAD Visio HP50

AKG K550

AKG K7XX

v-moda XS

v-moda M80

Sennheiser HD 25

Schitt Asgard 2

Audioengine D1

a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14 running stock iTunes.

and a handful of iPods.

all mid-fi we know, but you enjoy what you can afford.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #92 of 189
hello,

not sure about the source. the D1 does not seem to want to play nice with Windows 8.1. will contact Audioengine support.

any solutions that you guys have? other than a machine from Infinite Loop?

Apr 21, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #93 of 189
  hello,

not sure about the source. the D1 does not seem to want to play nice with Windows 8.1. will contact Audioengine support.

any solutions that you guys have? other than a machine from Infinite Loop?

The guys over at the Audioengine D1 thread might be better to help you on this one.

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #96 of 189
Not a lot of the Seattle meets get front page attention... Maybe they just assume the meets are too small or something?
Also I will not be able to attend the meet unfortunately due to a family emergency. I think that might just leave Miceblue as the sole representative for STAX. :p

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #98 of 189
Can anyone provide a ride for me from the ferry terminal to Bottlehead and back? I'll likely have a backpack and a sports bag luggage-wise.

Thank you in advance.

I'd be happy to. I'll likely head back right after the meet though.

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #99 of 189
I thought maybe because Bottlehead wasn't an official sponsor to this site, which is a terrible reason not to put it there. I've seen the Frye Art and also the one in Kirland last year make front page.

Quote:
Not a lot of the Seattle meets get front page attention... Maybe they just assume the meets are too small or something?

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #100 of 189
I think that might just leave Miceblue as the sole representative for STAX. :p

I'll have my 407 rig. It's funny, last year had to be renamed Stax & Cracks because there were so many Stax. But Patrick's out of the country, so that's 4 or 5 that won't be there.

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #101 of 189

I think that might just leave Miceblue as the sole representative for STAX. :p

I'll have my 407 rig. It's funny, last year had to be renamed Stax & Cracks because there were so many Stax. But Patrick's out of the country, so that's 4 or 5 that won't be there.

Ah, I wasn't sure if you were going to be able to make the meet or not. It really is too bad Patrick and his roommate are out of the country now, they're good friends of mine. I have 3 sets of lambdas that won't be there either. Gosh, imagine what the meet would be like if both of us came and we ended up with 10+ lambdas?!?!

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #102 of 189
  I'm considering coming up from Portland. Is anybody interested in hearing the Coffman Labs Prautes? https://www.cypherlabs.com/products/prautes/

-sheldon

Of course there would be interest in hearing the Coffman Labs Prautes.  :)
I'd love to hear it myself.

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #103 of 189
I'll be bringing:

Cavalli Liquid Fire
Audeze LCD-2 rev 2 old school version
HE-560 with Focus-A pads
HD600
PonoPlayer along with a 4-pin XLR adapter for it to do balanced
Source will be a laptop running JRiver.

I'm still under-dac'ed.  I was hoping to have a Geek Pulse Xfi by now.  But I don't yet.  So I'm still using a little Schiit Modi DAC which isn't a representative way to demo a Liquid Fire amp. I'll have a better and more suitable DAC by the next meet.  But for now the Liquid Fire isn't being shown off as to what it is capable of. I'm entertaining thoughts of a Yggy sometime this year too.  I'll get the DAC thing sorted soonish.

I haven't modded the HE-560.  The only change I've done is to put the Focus-A pads on.  I'll be looking at doing mods after the meet.  But I wanted to have the HE-560 stock for the meet so y'all could hear what a stock HE-560 is like. I have cables to run the HE-560 balanced if anyone wants to try it that way.

I also ordered a Cavalli Liquid Carbon.  It'll be showing up at a future meet.

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #104 of 189
  HE-560 with Focus-A pads
PonoPlayer along with a 4-pin XLR adapter for it to do balanced

I haven't modded the HE-560.  The only change I've done is to put the Focus-A pads on.  I'll be looking at doing mods after the meet.  But I wanted to have the HE-560 stock for the meet so y'all could hear what a stock HE-560 is like. I have cables to run the HE-560 balanced if anyone wants to try it that way.

I will have a semi-modded HE560. Liner, aluminum baffles, and sealed pads along with dust cloth removal. You can compare if you like, also Focus-A pads. I'd like to hear the Pono player if you don't mind. Does it have a single ended output?

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #105 of 189

I will have a semi-modded HE560. Liner, aluminum baffles, and sealed pads along with dust cloth removal. You can compare if you like, also Focus-A pads. I'd like to hear the Pono player if you don't mind. Does it have a single ended output?

The Pono has two TRS single-ended headphone jacks.  It'll drive 1 or 2 single-ended headphones. You can try it with any single-ended headphone you want to try.  I've got an adapter cable that allows it to convert to balanced mode.  It will drive my LCD-2 when balanced.

I'll be asking you about HE560 mods. :)
I need to mod mine.  I don't like the way it currently sounds.  It's better with the Focus-A pads vs. the stock Focus pads.  But still not to my liking.  I just need to figure out what to do to mod it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back