Seattle Spring Meet 3/22/08
Mar 25, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #31 of 113
Brian, that photo of the CKKIII does not do it proper justice. I wish I would have brought my camera. For those wondering what the red light is, bhjazz installed a small LED(?) into the inner side of the curvey handle. So the light is reflecting off of the thick aluminum faceplate.

Mar 25, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #32 of 113
It was a lot of fun and I had a great time meeting old friends and making new ones. The Attendance was great and by the time these were shot many had already left. The highlights for me were the HP-1, Koss ESP7 and the DT-770 pro this time around. The HP-1s really are as goodas people say and I don't really like Grados much. The ancient Koss sounded great through the 9 box and the 770s bass is just outrageous
biggrin.gif

The ATH-3000 leatherhead was great too but way too pricey for my pocket. Not the bass-heavy things I was expecting, they sounded pretty balanced and even in tone. I still don't like Senns whatever they are run from. My K1ks and Staxes are still the sounds I love so I didn't come away feeling bad. I'd love a set of HP-1s but there's no way they'd replace my current phones. I'd place them on a par for my tastes.

Overall a great success and props go out to Brian, Mike, Young et al. Great job guys, and great to meet everyone.

Mar 25, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #33 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brian, that photo of the CKKIII does not do it proper justice. I wish I would have brought my camera. For those wondering what the red light is, bhjazz installed a small LED(?) into the inner side of the curvey handle. So the light is reflecting off of the thick aluminum faceplate.

Yeah, Brians amp was small and gorgeous. Very nicely put together and sounded awesome with the old Grados. Mike (motherone) had some really nice little home built amps. I couldn't keep track of all the gear... my poor little brain was bursting at the seams and the stuffing was coming out trying to remember what was what and who had what. I claim old age and senility in my defense
tongue.gif

Oh, I also won a awesome raffle prize, a pair of Gainclone amp boards which I'll be attempting to assemble into a working amp one I get all the bits together. Thanks!

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #36 of 113
iamsmrt: I have your Philips hand-held remote. Someone said it was yours...

Where's foo with the fotos?

witty?

Mar 25, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #39 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ttiwwp.gif

Well?

It READS like you had a fantastic meet, so congrats. I'd like to SEE it for myself, however, so POST SOME PICS!

Cheers especially to Brian and Young for making your Head-Fi community come together up there!

Al, you need to make it to a Seattle meet. I need to hear how my old PS-1s sound balanced. After hearing the HP-1 at the meet, I started to miss the PS-1. Looks like the price on those keep rising.

This meet had a very nice mix of headphones and great people. That Marin meet awhile back did have a few things I probably wont' see again like Neil's Orpheus system and those huge Singlepower amps that arrived in crates.

Mar 25, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #40 of 113
I'm sorry. I'm kinda late because of work during the weekend and Monday.
frown.gif

I just took few pictures and most of them are of the gears.
frown.gif

img0563wd7.jpg

hear's my laptop setup with AT farm.
biggrin.gif

img0564uo8.jpg

Young's gears.

img0567nn1.jpg

smeggy's. I really like his K1000's sound. If I can use the open cans and my grand mom doesn't get mad, I'll buy these.
biggrin.gif

img0571gp6.jpg

Thesrot's CDP and rack. These look so stunning and sound surprisingly good. However, I got a bit hum with my AT can (W5000)

Brian's CKKIII. It's totally different from the one on FS forum now. very beautiful and well designed case and red lED in the curve handle.
biggrin.gif
and no doubt it sounds surprisingly good.

img0576cc0.jpg

Joshdot's setup. I think you was looking for laptop for a while, but finally you brought this PC set to the meet again.
biggrin.gif

img0577ex5.jpg

BIG_POPPA's HD580s with anaconda-like cable.
biggrin.gif
I never seen such a big headphone cable like that before. It sounds great too.
biggrin.gif

img0580nl6.jpg

Mike's setup. I wish I could hear this setup once. However, it's kinda a bit upset to me because I really love his previous setup on L3000s. DHA3000 brings L3000s to the balance side no longer the bass monster.
frown.gif

img0582tk6.jpg

another Mike (motherone) setup along with his Millette hybrid family.

img0583bj7.jpg

img0586ue5.jpg

Mar 25, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #41 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe, a few years ago I decided there was no way I was going to grow old with grace and dignity. I have the mental age of a 12 year old so I may as well act it.
biggrin.gif

ahh, thats your hair? It probably matches the K1000s
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #42 of 113
Great. I'd have fit in rather well, I think, and I'm sorry I missed the meet. I'm a 35-year-old severely overweight computer geek and DIY noob with hair in a braid I can almost sit on. I would have loved to hear some of the gear that showed up. As it is, I'll have to live with my 5.5g iPod and Sony V6's until I have a job and can afford to truly geek out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #43 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mike's setup. I wish I could hear this setup once. However, it's kinda a bit upset to me because I really love his previous setup on L3000s. DHA3000 brings L3000s to the balance side no longer the bass monster.
frown.gif

img0582tk6.jpg

Yeah, WittzyTH stopped by my place when I had the other setup (ECD-1 DAC w/Mapletree Ear+ Purist HD amp). There were things I like better with the old setup on some of my music but overall I like the DHA3000 better. It was more textured before but I found it a bit too thick. The bass had too much presence and wasn't fast enough on the harder stuff. The DHA3000 really balances the sound and makes them a great rock headphone. Nice, quick and very punchy. Most people are surprised at how balanced they sound. I also found the rest of the AT line sounded pretty good out of it. The stock W5000 was a little to bright for me and the modded one seemed a little off but the rest of line I liked a lot.

Mar 25, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #44 of 113
iamsmrt's setup. Dynahi is awesome. W2002 is gorgeous, but DAC1 is too dry for me esp. when using on the W2002s.

W2002s sounds great with DHA3000 and my Opera. It's dryer than all of my ATs even my Fitz modded W5000 and Mike's L3000.

However, I still like to own them because purk told me W2002's housing works well with my modded W100's driver.
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

by the way, The EW9s didn't impress me well.

img0589in8.jpg

Kevin's setup with tons of DIY gears along with my STAX system and Young's spring cable.
biggrin.gif

img0592xp4.jpg

and it seems Brian really enjoy your Koss electrostat.
biggrin.gif

img0593ff1.jpg

and those are all I took. the rest of them are crappy. my cheap dig camera is very bad at low light shot.
frown.gif

ps. Forgot to thanks Kevin for riding me back home.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #45 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry. I'm kinda late because of work during the weekend and Monday.
frown.gif

I just took few pictures and most of them are of the gears.
frown.gif

Perfect, WittyzTH! No worries. You're never late around here.

Your photos are excellent, and an excellent compliment to my group of people-only shots. Nice job! Thank you for posting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back