Seattle Red Hook Meet July 30, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #16 of 104
Hi. I'm new to this group. Can you tell me more about the Red Hook Meet? What can I expect? Informal, tables, selling, trading? Should I bring stuff to show? Etc
Thanks, looking forward to the event, but don't want to come unprepared.

Jun 12, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #17 of 104
  Hi. I'm new to this group. Can you tell me more about the Red Hook Meet? What can I expect? Informal, tables, selling, trading? Should I bring stuff to show? Etc
Thanks, looking forward to the event, but don't want to come unprepared.

Super casual. Tables, power strips, LOTS of rigs put together by members, both desktop and portable. I brought a couple sets of IEMs last time. Trading might happen? I dunno. Selling definitely happened; one of the highlights in my opinion last year was 64 Audio had a booth there and was doing ear molds on the spot for CIEMs from their ADEL line.

Jun 12, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #19 of 104
Thanks! Looking forward to this. Are there any other meetings in the area?

This is the big one in the area that I know of. There's a meetup in Bellingham in a few days and there are smaller meetups sometimes around here. There was one a couple months ago at Bottlehead HQ. Just check and search for them in the forums every so often.

Jun 12, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #20 of 104
Just follow @BIG POPPA's  postings. He is the organizer of meets here in the local Seattle area.

Jun 12, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #21 of 104
Basically we eat drink sleep listening to our rigs up here. We tweek upgrade and trade our gear. We are nuts when it comes to our rigs and won't change a thing. My two cents

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #24 of 104
Just come, it will be fun. Bring your gear. It will sound great

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #25 of 104
No official sign up but usually we have enough room. To guarantee an ideal space,come on time or close to start otherwise you may be squeezing into what's left of space (if you show 90m after start). Even then, we can still make space. There's never been a time where someone got turned away because of not having room.
I'm interested in attending. It would be my first meet. Is there any sort of sign up process to ensure table space or is it a sort of first come, first serve deal?

Jul 11, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #26 of 104
I have this meet on my calendar. I will try to make it. I'm not sure if I'll be free that weekend or not.
I'm very curious about the RedNet. I need to hear it and see what the setup is like to make it all work. 

Jul 12, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #29 of 104
Is there a post with directions on how to get there with an address. I have the Skyfair that day as well but I hopefully can fit both in. Anybody have any headphone they are particularly interested in listening to? Not just for my information but for everybody elses as well. If there is anything you really really want to see/listen too this is your best shot at it. Just speak up and somebody will probably have one they can bring in for you to listen to. That goes for amps and dacs as well but mostly headphones. Is Bottlehead going to be at this one??

Jul 12, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #30 of 104
  Is there a post with directions on how to get there with an address. I have the Skyfair that day as well but I hopefully can fit both in. Anybody have any headphone they are particularly interested in listening to? Not just for my information but for everybody elses as well. If there is anything you really really want to see/listen too this is your best shot at it. Just speak up and somebody will probably have one they can bring in for you to listen to. That goes for amps and dacs as well but mostly headphones. Is Bottlehead going to be at this one??

Second post on the first page has the address for the place. You can figure out if you're able to make it since it's in Bothell. Not too far, but just depends on how long you'll be at Skyfair. Goes pretty late into the day, you just need to show up early if you specifically want a seat.

If I find space, I'll put up a cheap college kid's minimalist setup. Still might bring around a set of TH-X00s whether or not I find space. Worst case is that I'll just be floating around with a backpack. I'll also bring a few IEMs if people wanna try them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back