Seattle/Portland" Meet in the Middle"
Feb 25, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #226 of 250
[size=medium] Quote:

Originally Posted by Equus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If most people are putting their names on, you can put mine on. It's Ethan. If not, I actually used this handle on an old BBS back in the 90's, so while I haven't heard anyone call me "Equus" in a long time, it has been known to happen.
biggrin.gif

[/size] Quote:

IN!
wink_face.gif

If anyone in the Seattle area needs a ride, it's just me in my hatchback right now and all of the stuff I'm bringing is portables. If you want to throw a few bucks at me to help defray gas, more the better. We can meet up at a Park & Ride or something. Send me a PM.

I'll put both on there

Feb 25, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #227 of 250
Quote:

If most people are putting their names on, you can put mine on. It's Ethan. If not, I actually used this handle on an old BBS back in the 90's, so while I haven't heard anyone call me "Equus" in a long time, it has been known to happen.
biggrin.gif

Wow, my name is Ethan also and I think I remember the name of your bbs. I ran a bbs called "the end of the world" and helped run another called "Joes Meet Market". Neither was multi-line. Did advertise in that puget sound computer paper that was in the stores with lots of the other bbs sites. Trip out though, havent heard anyone bring up the old bbs's in a long ass time. I had mine up in the 90-95 range all through the 2400baud to 14.k modem days. Wow that 14.4k flew lol.

Feb 26, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #228 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aren't you supposed to be bringing a "Redhead" LOL

I could bring a Redhook or six.
beerchug.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #229 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingStyles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? Say you cant came and you can get a free 6 pack of Thomas Kemper root beer. I defiantly not showing up now.
wink_face.gif

Where do you get those? I went to local store, did not find any
ph34r.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #230 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, my name is Ethan also and I think I remember the name of your bbs. I ran a bbs called "the end of the world" and helped run another called "Joes Meet Market". Neither was multi-line. Did advertise in that puget sound computer paper that was in the stores with lots of the other bbs sites. Trip out though, havent heard anyone bring up the old bbs's in a long ass time. I had mine up in the 90-95 range all through the 2400baud to 14.k modem days. Wow that 14.4k flew lol.

Ya know, I never met anyone named Ethan when I lived in Hawaii. I think I've met or heard of three in the time I've lived up here in Seattle. Wacky.

Now that I think of it, the handle came from an old chat board called Saimin that ran at 300 baud off of 2 Apple IIe's. 5 lines available for chat and an admin line from the "server" side. Ah the memories. I still remember the slow handshake sound of the modem.

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #231 of 250
Actually , Henry Weinhard's Root Beer is way better. Its my #1 night time drink. The only rootbeer that can get a head.

Feb 26, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #233 of 250
Getting in the mood to start packing in a bit. Hanging out with a buddy tonight, then leaving in the morning. besides a XLR adapter and a extra source, anything else anybody wants me to bring?

Feb 26, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #234 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Getting in the mood to start packing in a bit. Hanging out with a buddy tonight, then leaving in the morning. besides a XLR adapter and a extra source, anything else anybody wants me to bring?

Is the extra source a DAC? Who is it for? If you have a SPDIF DAC That would be great as my HT receiver is kinda big.

Feb 26, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #235 of 250
...and the excitement builds. Sad as it is, I think I'm more stoked about this than during the build-up to the Olympics.

I assume there's no food and drink in the library, but should I bring something to keep in the back of my car with some water and soda or something?

Feb 26, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #236 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the extra source a DAC? Who is it for? If you have a SPDIF DAC That would be great as my HT receiver is kinda big.

Sorry, do not have a DAC yet. My Arcam has 2 outputs. I'm only bringing the Woo to hook up to it. Also an ipod with a ALO wood dock, and a portable CD player. Have to have something for my Portaphile and Tomahawk.

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #238 of 250
BTW, I have a first generation Headroom Micro-DAC, and a Rockhopper CKKIII that I've been meaning to put up for sale. If anyone would be interested in getting first dibs on either of these, let me know and I will bring them with me. (and no checks - cash or paypal please if you want to buy on the spot)

Feb 27, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #239 of 250
Packed my gear. Making some chicken soup from scratch for my family for dinner. A really good day.

*Equus* you can have food and drink in the meeting room. Just nothing alcoholic. That is what the after meet is for.

Feb 27, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #240 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budgie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like I will be there. I am in Seattle for work (sudden trip, so I have no gear with me).

Don't worry, you are more than welcome here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*Equus* you can have food and drink in the meeting room. Just nothing alcoholic. That is what the after meet is for.

Should I bring my new gun in to show off? I don't love it as much as my amp but
tongue_smile.gif
Maybe not a good idea......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back