Seattle Meet/ Woodinville Saturday 12/15/2012
Dec 9, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #46 of 71
830ish Maltby Cafe in Maltby. Cinnamon rolls as big as your head. These guys don't mess around when it comes to breakfast. Will add link when I get home from work.

Here is their yelp link http://www.yelp.com/biz/maltby-cafe-snohomish-2

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #48 of 71
Quote:
830ish Maltby Cafe in Maltby. Cinnomin rolls as big as your head. These guys don't mess around when it comes to breakfast. Will add link when i get home from work.

CINNAMON ROLLS! I hope you all are ready to see me down about five of them! God, I love cinnamon rolls. Almost as much as I love headphones. Almost.

I cannot wait for this oh my goodness aahhh

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #49 of 71
I went to the brown bag for breakfast the last time we had the meet in Woodinville.
Everybody knows everybody and the gear that is coming for the most part. Great experience for the 1st timers. We have a very knowledgeable core group that makes the meets. Some probably have at least a dozen under their belt. Some closer to 2 dozen meets.
Any different ideas for the aftermeet or is it still Redhook Brewery?
Just some random thoughts.

Dec 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #50 of 71
Hullo!

I might make it .. who knows .. if I plan it, I can try and bring some cans .. and my broke little dot mkii amp.

I just saw its 10-4 .. hmm .. I'll try

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #51 of 71
Hello Seattle Headfiers, thought this would be the best place to post my question. I am new to Head-fi and the wonderful world it brings and for the holidays I will be getting my first pair of nice headphones. I have been doing a lot of research and pulling up all threads possible on the different headphones and right now I am favoring the Hifiman HE-400's over the HD650's. Mainly because I would not have a suitable amp for the HD650's yet, and would not be able to get one for a while. I have tried out the HD650's and they sound great, and are very comfortable. However I would like to try on the HE400's before making my decision final. I am thinking of stopping by the meet this Saturday with another audiophile friend, but it did not appear anyone had the HE-400's.

Does anyone know of any place in the Seattle Area where I could try on the HE400?  I know they are substantially heavier then the HD650 but I would want to know how they feel.

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #52 of 71
Quote:
Hello Seattle Headfiers, thought this would be the best place to post my question. I am new to Head-fi and the wonderful world it brings and for the holidays I will be getting my first pair of nice headphones. I have been doing a lot of research and pulling up all threads possible on the different headphones and right now I am favoring the Hifiman HE-400's over the HD650's. Mainly because I would not have a suitable amp for the HD650's yet, and would not be able to get one for a while. I have tried out the HD650's and they sound great, and are very comfortable. However I would like to try on the HE400's before making my decision final. I am thinking of stopping by the meet this Saturday with another audiophile friend, but it did not appear anyone had the HE-400's.

Does anyone know of any place in the Seattle Area where I could try on the HE400?  I know they are substantially heavier then the HD650 but I would want to know how they feel.

My dad used to have a pair of HE-400s, but we sent them back. You can always buy both headphones online, compare them, and send them back for a refund. Somebody at this meet might have a pair, though!

HD650s are great. I'll never get tired of listening to them.

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #54 of 71
Mentioned to the wife " will be starting to pack for the meet in the next day or two" . If you haven't packed up for a meet it is some what of a ritual. Everybody does it different. Look forward to breakfast before the meet. The after meet will be great. Nice break before Christmas.

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #56 of 71
Quote:
Love the analogy! This is the general consensus I get about the headphones, I am just worried the HE-400 might be uncomfortable for extended periods. 

Yeah, they aren't the most comfortable things in the world. They're pretty heavy and not exceptionally cushion-y.

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #57 of 71
So I figure I will bring along a few sets of cables with me, including power cables and balanced HD-800 cables and several xlr interconnect type cables.  Along with my modded HD-800's.

I'm curios as to what others may hear by swapping out some wires.

JJ
atsmile.gif

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #58 of 71
Johnjen, you will be in good company swapping cables. That is one of my "things". I make most of my own cables though.There are a few that "know" cables.

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #59 of 71
Excellent!
beerchug.gif

I will be bringing a few Silent Source cables I rented and just received.

They are burning in right now
L3000.gif

JJ :thumb

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #60 of 71
I am sure I will have a few cables to swap............... Mine are burned in......... Just swapped the Bendix 6080WB back to the GEC 2523. Like switching from Grado back to Sennheiser.GEC is very Soft. System is sounding a bit warm, may be toning it down with some gold cables and/or fuse. It's kinda funny, got to the point where know how to adjust the rig just so. Don't have to listen, listen, listen and just and then guess. Drop the Silver Rhodium cables for the SPC/ Rhodium, put the Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme back in. Think I the Synergistic Research fuse in. Such a geek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back