Seattle Meet/ Woodinville Saturday 12/15/2012
Dec 13, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #61 of 71
I have long maintained that finding a 'proper' balance between all of the various pieces of equipment is key to getting the most out of the music.  Just as tube rolling and cables etc. can help tailor the final delivery of the music, so too will a gross mismatch between pieces create a situation where no amount of 'tweaking' by the aforementioned adjustments will be able to overcome a poor matchup.

Knowing (as in experience) is key here and it's WAY to easy to get hopelessly mired in bad combinations.

Which is why sharing of the various possible 'solutions' is or can be so helpful. (A subtle tip of the hat to meets).

JJ
ps I will also be bringing a few home made power cables as well.  :thumb

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #62 of 71
Hey Johnjen, I make it sound easy but it is from 1000's of hours on the same rig. Ask anybody at the meets???? My rig has not changed in years.May help to point you in the right direction in the sound you are looking for.

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #63 of 71
Hey Johnjen, I make it sound easy but it is from 1000's of hours on the same rig. Ask anybody at the meets???? My rig has not changed in years.May help to point you in the right direction in the sound you are looking for.

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #64 of 71
Just got finished packing for the meet. Everything is sitting on the platform dolly. Wife is actually impressed it was done so fast. Told her " been doing this for years" lol. It was actually a very pleasant packing up. Cant wait for breakfast to kick it off.

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #66 of 71
Quote:
Yay, I finally get to hear some HD-800's. It was an all Audeze fest last meet.

There are some still around, yeah Audeze gets a lot of love in these parts.
One more day left, getting more and more pumped up for the meet.

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #67 of 71
Well I guess I can't bring the K 701 with me for this meet since the shipping process got delayed. I'll definitely bring it to the next meet though (fully burned-in). :)
It's just kind of a bummer since I wanted to hear how they sounded with different amps.

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #69 of 71
Hi Folks, 

Sorry to say I won't be able to make this one. We have been absolutely swamped this holiday season. Cyber Monday was surreal, we had a month's worth of orders in a single day. We are staying close to home and keeping the kit packing elves supplied with chewing tobacco and NoDoz until we get all the orders shipped. 

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #71 of 71

Users who are viewing this thread

Back