Seattle Meet/ Woodinville Saturday 12/15/2012
Nov 29, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #32 of 71
Not the Stax O2, but the O2 (Objective 2) transportable amplifier designed by NwAvGuy, and built by me. It's fed by an ODAC (Objective DAC from the same designer) mounted internally to the amp.

This post has a couple of photos:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/616331/o2-amp-odac/45#post_8537454

Oh wow that layout looks MUCH nicer than the standard JDS Labs case.
I'll be bringing my standard JDS Labs O2 with the separate ODAC. I originally intended to have them as separate units since I figured I could use the O2 as a transportable amp...but then I lost my male-male 3.5 mm cable. :frowning2:

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #33 of 71
Just checking in
popcorn.gif
It is getting closer and closer to the meet. Any new gear coming?
blink.gif
Been swapping tubes lately. Bendix 6080WB just rocks compared to the GEC 2523.

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #35 of 71
I'm inviting a couple friends over; it'll be their first time listening to hi-fi gear.

I dunno about the shipping time for the K 701, but I probably won't have more than 20 hours of burn-in on it by the meet...so you guys can try out a pair of un-burned K 701's. :D

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #36 of 71
Instrumental please come to the meet. Your cans will sound great on all the gear. Great to hear miceblue, the more the merrier. Doc B dropped me a line, he may be able to make it. He is just very busy at the moment and almost did not see the meet. Cross our fingers.

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #37 of 71
I would like to make the meet but this is a very busy time for R&D activities. If I can get away for a few hours I'll bring two or three cans and an Oz Audio HM-6 for direct A/B/C comparison.

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #38 of 71
Thanks for the PM Gil - I didn't know about this meet. As it happens I had a Texas trip cancelled a few days ago and I will be able to make the 15th.

I'll bring my Logitech Squeezebox along with my usual Carver Receiver and Denon D7000's (MarkL modded now!).

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #39 of 71
Wow, a follow up pm on some unfinished business brings in another attendee...... Nice. This meets is coming together very quickly. Didn't expect the crowd either the first time we had it here. There was equipment packed tight on every table and lines to listen to Doc B's gear.

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #40 of 71
My dad told me about this today! I'll be tagging along with him, as usual.

I'm gonna bring my Denon AH-2000s, of course! It's too bad my dumb little front panel express amp isn't exactly in working condition. ;v;
I guess my Koss PortaPros and my Etymotic earbuds will come too, since I keep them in my purse pretty much all the time.
Sansa Zip Clip or source.

Excited for all the gear that's be here... Stax and Sennheisers! My favorites...

Dec 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #41 of 71
New gear: I got a PWDII. Of course, I have no balanced headphones at the moment (I just have a mojlnir amp). My LCD-3's had a driver cutting in/out. Anyone got a balance HP I could borrow at the meet?

Just checking in:popcorn: It is getting closer and closer to the meet. Any new gear coming?:blink: Been swapping tubes lately. Bendix 6080WB just rocks compared to the GEC 2523.

Dec 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #42 of 71
M2man I will have a balanced headphone at the meet. No worries

Users who are viewing this thread

Back