Seattle Meet ... Thanks!
Mar 4, 2003 at 5:10 AM Post #31 of 48
Well, I'll do my best to get to any meet, large or small
smily_headphones1.gif
(if it does end up being small, we could also probably use my house... but it would have to be 3 or 4 people max.)

By the way, I like your "location" tag, Narked. Very fitting
biggrin.gif
(Narked is a fellow Bellevue inma-err, resident.)

Mar 4, 2003 at 6:07 AM Post #32 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
It would have to be April because my spring break ends March 31, but I'm down for a mini-meet. I'd be happy to bring my W1000 and compare it to the 880 and CD3000 if possible. Hopefully I will have my Gilmore as well. I would need transportation though, and I'm not sure where we could hold it. If it were just you, me, and vwap (if he were available), we could do it in my dorm room without too much difficulty. My source and cables and amp are definitely decent, so it might be a good place to compare them.

Sure, I'd be up for a mini-meet of some sort. I'm not sure what my schedule looks like for next quarter yet.. but definately not in March. My schedule's looking like.. well.. Hell.. for the next month, and I'm not referring to the eastside.
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2003 at 6:41 AM Post #33 of 48
1) I'm not Moby!
eek.gif

2) Eric, your mom made the cookies, right? Tell her that Josh Bosh says thanks, and if she ever decides to host a non-headphone related mini-meet for cookie lovers, I'll bring the vanilla wafers.

3) nArKeD, if you buy a pair of 880s and let me hear them, you'll get all the cookies.

Mar 4, 2003 at 6:23 PM Post #34 of 48
bosh!
you made it. i was just kidding about the "devilish" remark. every time i hear that word "devilish" i think of michael jackson calling the ceo of sony music that.

actually bosh is far from devilish, except for tempting me with some fantastic beyer dt990 cans. bosh, are you still considering the cd1700?

Mar 4, 2003 at 7:48 PM Post #35 of 48
Mister Shifter, yes, I'm still considering the CD1700 for work, and yes, I am the son of Satan.
evil_smiley.gif
But before I buy new headphones for work, my father commands me to get either the HD 600s or the DT 880s for home. If nArKeD isn't lucky, I will call upon my demonic hordes to devour all delivery men who approach his domain and then bring the blood-soaked packages to me, down in the pits of hell (downtown Seattle). Of course, I could just buy my own 880s, but that wouldn't be devilish.

Remember how I mentioned I'm looking for a 6ft mini to RCA cable? Well, last night I found these Canare cables at A2Z Cables. Now I can finally remove my RatShack mini to RCA and use it to lash all those damned sinners I have strung up in my laundrey room.

Mar 4, 2003 at 8:23 PM Post #37 of 48
Hey Guys...

Glad you had a good meet
biggrin.gif

I have to say (and if i've overlooked who the person is, then I apologise) but in picture 4, the guy wearing the CD3000s...

They look HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!! - they're not really that big are they?
eek.gif

Mar 4, 2003 at 9:13 PM Post #38 of 48
Quote:

They look HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!! - they're not really that big are they

They are huge, but I have a smaller than average sized head, so it magnifies the effect I think.
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2003 at 10:24 PM Post #39 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
I have to say (and if i've overlooked who the person is, then I apologise) but in picture 4, the guy wearing the CD3000s...

They look HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!! - they're not really that big are they?
eek.gif

Heh.. I think they actually are huge..
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2003 at 12:19 AM Post #41 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by gdahl
I'm the one wearing a green Northern Exposure shirt. BTW, thanks for posting the pictures!

Hey Gary,

THanks for bringing your amp. It was great to see the thing in action.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2003 at 2:38 AM Post #43 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by vwap
Hey Gary,

THanks for bringing your amp. It was great to see the thing in action.
smily_headphones1.gif

My pleasure! I enjoyed the chance to have more people take a listen. Only a few people had heard it prior to this meet.

I also enjoyed meeting head-fi'er's in person, and checking out the cool equipment!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2003 at 3:16 PM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by gdahl
My pleasure! I enjoyed the chance to have more people take a listen. Only a few people had heard it prior to this meet.

I also enjoyed meeting head-fi'er's in person, and checking out the cool equipment!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh to hear that amp. Wish I had been there for that reason alone.

Mar 5, 2003 at 8:33 PM Post #45 of 48
yeah, gdahl's amp was the first i listened to (well, after a superminiv4), with my cd1700 and some w1000. what a way to kick off a meet! both cans sounded fantastic (in very different ways) with his amp, and it was a beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back