Seattle Meet ... Thanks!
Mar 3, 2003 at 7:02 PM Post #16 of 48
in the first pic you can see some of my portable gear: my d777 + beyer pad v6; senn mx400; on the left a grade sr125 with my "penny foam" mod attached to a cha47 amp and mzr50 mdr in a case logic bag.

in the third pic i am the bloke in the baseball cap standing mezmorized before the cornicopia of headphones before me. the fellow behind me looks a tad devilish, don't you agree?
wink.gif

in the fourth pic you can kind of see some of my modded phones. i am trying out my ety er6 (earhugger mod) with the meta42, and have my cd1700 (filter mod) and you can sort of see my penny modded grado sr125.

Mar 3, 2003 at 7:11 PM Post #18 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
What do you mean not what you expected?
confused.gif
redface.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm not sure whot that is next to me; I think he said that he isn't a forum member, but I'm really not sure.

LOL, not in a bad way or anything. I don't know really know what I expected. Same thing with redshifter. I'm quite sure I would be quite different from what people expected as well.

The guy beside you looked vaguely familiar thought maybe it was someone who had their mugshot taken at a different meet or something, probably just my imagination.

Mar 3, 2003 at 7:13 PM Post #19 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by akar
Its Moby

LOL, maybe that's it!
tongue.gif

Mar 3, 2003 at 8:03 PM Post #20 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by elnero
LOL, not in a bad way or anything. I don't know really know what I expected. Same thing with redshifter. I'm quite sure I would be quite different from what people expected as well.

The guy beside you looked vaguely familiar thought maybe it was someone who had their mugshot taken at a different meet or something, probably just my imagination.

i just wish vwap had given me some warning before he snapped my picture. i could have sucked my gut in and flashed my winning smile.
biggrin.gif

what were you expecting anyway?

Mar 3, 2003 at 8:31 PM Post #21 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
i just wish vwap had given me some warning before he snapped my picture. i could have sucked my gut in and flashed my winning smile.
biggrin.gif

Haha.. Well, then it'd look too .. posed
wink.gif

Just be glad I didn't use the other pic that I took about 30 seconds apart.. you looked really weird in that one..
smily_headphones1.gif

... on an unrelated note ... anyone missing a Pink Floyd CD?!...

Mar 3, 2003 at 8:54 PM Post #22 of 48
Glad everyone had fun! And I'm also glad my HE90s were enjoyed by all
biggrin.gif

And yeah, Redshifter, I agree they're lacking a bit in the soundstage department... (for one Radiohead song, I prefer my Etys!) but with any luck the KGSS will fix that. And by the way, the Stax amp was an 006t tubed amp (not solid state like someone mentioned) fed through a DIY converter cable to the HE90s.

Mar 3, 2003 at 9:08 PM Post #23 of 48
.. By the way .. apologies to those of you who weren't represented... I didn't have any pictures with Eric, Dan H, Tim, among others. Sorry about that. I guess I just wasn't roaming around enough or something..
smily_headphones1.gif

[... not to mention Eric was in the back room soldering half the time ...
wink.gif
]

Anyhow.. I'll get more pics next meet!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2003 at 2:02 AM Post #24 of 48
all those nice pics, and not a notepad and pen or pencil in sight. shame, shame. glad everyone had a great time.

Mar 4, 2003 at 2:08 AM Post #25 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
all those nice pics, and not a notepad and pen or pencil in sight. shame, shame. glad everyone had a great time.

Actually.. that's cause they were mini-notebooks stuck in pockets...
wink.gif

I saw redshifter taking notes... but I was ... occupied taking pictures!.. [yeah. that's it..]

Mar 4, 2003 at 2:08 AM Post #26 of 48
yeah, I wished several times I'd had a notebook with me.

And vwap, you've got email re: the Pink Floyd CD; I think it's mine (there's a CD missing from one of my jewel cases).

Did anyone else bring any Pink Floyd? I know I remember someone had a copy of Animals, but I don't remember seeing anything else.

Mar 4, 2003 at 2:09 AM Post #27 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
yeah, I wished several times I'd had a notebook with me.

And vwap, you've got email re: the Pink Floyd CD; I think it's mine (there's a CD missing from one of my jewel cases).

Did anyone else bring any Pink Floyd? I know I remember someone had a copy of Animals, but I don't remember seeing anything else.

k. You've got another e-mail.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll send you another, right now, too..

Mar 4, 2003 at 2:51 AM Post #28 of 48
i had a pen and notebook in my pocket, and i used them. although i didn't hear any headphones there that i thought "i must have these". the meta42 yes, but no headphones. it made me realize how much i like the cans i have already. no upgraditus!

Mar 4, 2003 at 5:02 AM Post #29 of 48
I was particularly impressed w/ the HD600/Sugden combo, I've never heard the HD600's sound like that. But my favorite can of the meet was the W1000's. I was intrigued by them enough to consider buying them, but I want to see how they stack up against everything else in a more scrutinizing comparison. I'm thinking of just buying some DT880's and putting together a minimeet so we can do a real comparison between all the current popular cans. What would you guys say to a mini-meet or meet in about a month?

Mar 4, 2003 at 5:05 AM Post #30 of 48
It would have to be April because my spring break ends March 31, but I'm down for a mini-meet. I'd be happy to bring my W1000 and compare it to the 880 and CD3000 if possible. Hopefully I will have my Gilmore as well. I would need transportation though, and I'm not sure where we could hold it. If it were just you, me, and vwap (if he were available), we could do it in my dorm room without too much difficulty. My source and cables and amp are definitely decent, so it might be a good place to compare them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back