Seattle meet -- Jan. 15th!
Jan 16, 2005 at 11:57 PM Post #139 of 145
What was that ppl brought??? Are amplifiers going woody too?

I wasn't able to attend--looks like my loss as there certainly were interesting setups at the meet. Our schedule meshed, the holidays were over, my wife and I planned a weekend together. She doesn’t share the same interest in headphones. Additionally, I found datasheets that confirm what Tangent (normally posting in the diy section) was trying to tell me months ago regarding the lower internal resistance of NiMh batteries. Before I show my setup, it will be after a minor operation (9Vx8 --> AAx28).

Further, people not familiar with the Pacific Northwest may not be aware that Marysville is not exactly down the street from Seattle, Vancouver, and especially Portland. (I contemplated jokingly posting that I’m unable to attend the Marysville, Canada meet.) It was also cold and rainy—though I’ll admit that this didn’t stop my wife and I from scurrying between shops downtown.

Anyway, I hope Trevor makes a potentially blustery Chicago meet. IMO, Trevor (and entourage) will well represent the Pacific Northwest Head-fiers.

Jan 17, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #141 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnFerrier
What was that ppl brought??? Are amplifiers going woody too?

I wasn't able to attend--looks like my loss as there certainly were interesting setups at the meet. Our schedule meshed, the holidays were over, my wife and I planned a weekend together. She doesn’t share the same interest in headphones. Additionally, I found datasheets that confirm what Tangent (normally posting in the diy section) was trying to tell me months ago regarding the lower internal resistance of NiCad batteries. Before I show my setup, it will be after a minor operation (9Vx8 --> AAx28).

Further, people not familiar with the Pacific Northwest may not be aware that Marysville is not exactly down the street from Seattle, Vancouver, and especially Portland. (I contemplated jokingly posting that I’m unable to attend the Marysville, Canada meet.) It was also cold and rainy—though I’ll admit that this didn’t stop my wife and I from scurrying between shops downtown.

Anyway, I hope Trevor makes a potentially blustery Chicago meet. IMO, Trevor (and entourage) will well represent the Pacific Northwest Head-fiers.

he's not going to chicago anymore.

Jan 17, 2005 at 7:48 AM Post #142 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReasonablyLucid
Oh cmon, battle on! You can put up with a little pitiful weather to come to teh meet
biggrin.gif

Wasn't even like that... we couldn't leave the house after about 8:00am. My wife had to park our car on the freeway and walk 1 1/2 miles home. We got nasty ice. Gone now of course, but it was here long enough to ruin our trip to Seattle
frown.gif

Hope you guys had a good time. Did any Portlanders make it?

Apr 8, 2005 at 7:00 AM Post #145 of 145
Hello All,

I just found this place and cannot stay away from it. Too bad that I missed last meet. Anyone is planning for the next meet? I will love to get some advice on headphones and amps. Hope to meet you all soon.
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back