20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

that's all I took. sorry for such a crappy quality.
frown.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #32 of 64
Jun 26, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #33 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remitrom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did I say, The People I met were the Best. Really , I showed up with The VALVE CODE, and 3 Woodie Lisa's. I snagged Big P's CD player Xtreme lent headphones, and both together found matched sets of tubes within 24 hours! granted they are easy to find 1970's TV tubes but still, with everything else to do to.. this is going beyond the call of duty, I have found that Gill the person does this as routine in his everyday Life. And who asked me to test the AC power conditioner? cource I jumped on it. I want one. PM me. you know who you are. It works great.. Phil spent hours rerouting cable to reduce AC hum to the point it is only barely audible between songs, yet a little remained, my home speaker amp is worse. Your conditioner eliminated what was left... Curb, These meets are great for preliminary impressions, however real testing takes alot of time under controlled conditions. No doubt it was a mono record I was not familiar with. Yet I personally said to you, i thinks
"i am pleasantly surprised that Both of our engineers are now getting the high & low ends of the musical spectrum yet maintaining that Tube Feel" This could indeed cause a Paradime Shift , People that have disregarded Tube systems are in for a surprise .. The ValveCode always had a head hooked to it. Yet few 1st impressions have been posted. Feedback Please! If I had my druthers I would take everybody up on their offers to test equipment, unfortunately, I am slammed.. I will get back to Seattle sometime, It is the same distance fir me as Reno is (family) with alot less bumps (mtns) in the road. And ya Gill, there is more "eye candy" in one Seattle club than all of Canyonville OR. (pop. unreliable(-We dont know how to fill out census forms and use them to start the woodstove)

Ken from Revolution Power has the conditioning gear you were using. I PM'd his info to you Brad. I am still figuring out the Quote system in the site. Just a rookie. So Brad you liked Kings Hardware? Wait till you see Rick's.LOL. Another time.

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #34 of 64
Thanks for doing the legwork, Gil,

The Power conditioner that was used with the Valve Code was a Furman PST-8D. The D standing for "Digital". It has separate filters for analog and digital equipment and helps keep the digital gear from feeding back to other equipment or the power line. The PST8 and 8D are the least expensive units that we know of that do a good job.

Jun 27, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #36 of 64
PS Audio is a great company. I have the Punch Power Cable. After test driving the Furman with the Valve-Code I like the Furman Sound. Ken will be dropping me off some very shortly. Great gear, GREAT SERVICE!

Jun 27, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #38 of 64
Witty, Can't wait till the next meet to listen to you gear. Learned a little about Power Cables. Man you had some Anacondas. I already picked up a new amp. A Rega Ear. It Rocks! Just what I was looking for in a SS to switch up from my Beloved Figaro.

Jun 27, 2008 at 11:44 AM Post #39 of 64
Ahh, I Gotta give the ValveCode back to it's maker. I have had her since the meet and now Phil is going tube rolling..etc.. So what's my impression?? with this one & only? I am not real flowery with words so in a sentence.. It has that charecteristic PPL sound with Tubes!!
You know: HeadCode, Lisa III, PR II, PRI, PPA all have been praised.
Clarity, soundstage, separation just amazing and now with Tubes!
This became my favorite amp from day one.. Lisa III has been my reference amp. and I will hold it up to any home amp. But WoW.
The tubes add such a richness. I haven't really cared for tube amps that much, because I found the high and low ends lacking.
It is all there with the ValveCode.. Phil did it again. one of a kind.
I just love it. put your favorite adjective here _________

my sleep habits are still messed up since the meet,
I am happy the days are long.

Jun 28, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #40 of 64
I enjoyed the Vcode when i heard it, which prompted me to have this built instead of the solid state Triad Mono Desktop amp built, to me this was the organic, fast, detailed in amp i've heard, and it's too bad people didn't give it the attention it deserved, whil it sounded great with ipod, it was mind bogglingly good with even a cheap technics cd player they hooked it up, phil is going to be tweaking and further improving this amp, i look forward to tube rolling here in the near future. I enjoyed the tone controls, you could choose from a more SS sound to a more warm tube sound with a attenuator, phil is thinking of increasing the tone control to 6 steps, making for quite a variety of flavors depending on your mood, i very much enjoyed toying with this.

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #41 of 64
There are a couple of Raffle Items donated by Revolution Power that were not claimed. These are up for grabs if you did not win any items at the meet. 1st of the bat is a Acme Audio Labs 15 amp cryo wall receptacle. And the other item is the 0.328 HighWire Audio Powerwraps. First 2 to tell me what ___________ Music Festival CD that Dave from Bop street liked and Curbfeeler did mention it I think. It was passed around pretty heavy. 1st to respond by PM to me gets choice.

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #43 of 64
Brian has the Acme cryo'd receptacle donated by Revolution Power. There are the Highwire Powerwraps still up for the taking.

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #44 of 64
I am not there. I am here.

But tell me, what is the name and who is the mfr of the amp with 8 tubes in 2 rows?

Awesome looking.

Jun 29, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #45 of 64
EDIT EDIT EDIT: Gah! Geez, I was flakin' out when I wrote that yesterday, wasn't I?

My apologies, George.

>>snip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back