Seattle Meet Impressions (and Pics) - 2/28/04
Feb 29, 2004 at 8:58 AM Post #16 of 68
I agree... it certianly seemed that the LaRocco Diamond Buffer PPA was the best dynamic amp there... definitely better than the Stealth, Max, and Gilmore V2. The Esoteric DV50 -> PPA was absolutely killer...

...but not quite as good as the electrostats, of course
wink.gif

If I had the money, I would have walked out of there with the 47 labs 4716 transport...

Feb 29, 2004 at 9:59 AM Post #17 of 68
i like the pic #3962 of vwap's pics.
whomever that is, it looks as if he's thinking...
"if i could just slip out this door behind me, no one would notice because of this conveniently placed tower speaker in front of me. it's fool proof.....muuuuwhahahahaha
very_evil_smiley.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

looks as if you guys had a wonderful time. there are enough pics of people sitting in bliss with thier eyes closed dreaming of a far off place where he/she wishes he/she could afford the cans he/she is wearing!!!

Feb 29, 2004 at 10:00 AM Post #18 of 68
Sweet... nice pics, hopefully I'll manage to make the next Seattle meet.

Feb 29, 2004 at 10:36 AM Post #19 of 68
yeah that was my amp with the discrete hooked up to the larocco lab power psu ... my next project ... i definitely liked it better the blockhead ... got to listen to frank sinatra 24bit 192khz on universal cd player that eric mention that sounded killer .. and Carmina Burana dvda sounded amazing .. always a favorite .. beck seachange dvda another favorite and butt load of others i brought ..now that windvd plat plays dvda's with the revo it sounds very good and with all blackgated ppa with discrete its on a whole 'nother level... me likey good sound ... thx phil thx larry .. major props to them for making it happen for me....
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
600smile.gif
wink.gif

Feb 29, 2004 at 2:56 PM Post #21 of 68
Who was the guy with the ARC LS on his keychain?
With the kroll clickie switch.

Feb 29, 2004 at 7:42 PM Post #24 of 68
great meet! i got to listen to many, many awesome cans. my favorites were the ety er4p (p for "perfection"), and wodgy's akg 270s, which were very impressive for the price. thanks to todd for letting me try everything he brought, and openning my eyes to the er4 (and for the free foamies
biggrin.gif
)--and to everyone who let me try their headphones, and of course experience audio for being so cool about the geek flock
wink.gif
. now to hide my wallet.

-edit-
oh man, andy! i look positively drugged in that pic wearing the ety's. plus my shoes are turning radioactive. must be that ety magic.

Feb 29, 2004 at 9:18 PM Post #25 of 68
I'm almost missing that KGSS+HE90... I guess I should probably try to forget it though.. it's not like i'll ever have a chance to own them :p

I'm the guy wearing the Scooby Doo shirt, if anybody wondered.

This was AWESOME for me because i'd never really heard an audiophile setup before... I honestly learned so much from last night I can't write it all.. it'd be too long. cool
biggrin.gif

I was pleasantly surprised at how open and nice everyone seemed, and how much gear was there to try out. It could've just been amp depndent, but the only 'phones I ended up really liking were the K1000's and CD3000's... I'll be looking into those Sonys to replace my HD590s... uh oh, I can feel Upgraditis starting
wink.gif

Feb 29, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #27 of 68
Was the blockhead hooked up to an ipod or something?

Seems strange that some people can consider it one of the best amps in the world, while at this meet it was being compared to a PPA. Was the unit defective?

Feb 29, 2004 at 9:58 PM Post #28 of 68
No, we moved it later on in the meet to a balanced source so we could listen to it
biggrin.gif

I don't think that the Blockhead was defective, rather, the LaRocco discrete-buffered PPA is simply an absolutely incredible amplifier. I think it's one of the best dynamic headphone amplifiers I've heard yet...

Feb 29, 2004 at 9:59 PM Post #29 of 68
no the ppa and the blockhead where on the same source ....

Feb 29, 2004 at 10:13 PM Post #30 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
-edit-
oh man, andy! i look positively drugged in that pic wearing the ety's. plus my shoes are turning radioactive. must be that ety magic.

Personally, i'd be more worried about that cable behind you that looks like its about to go super-nova
wink.gif

Looks like you all had a great meet... and its making me look forward to the UK meet all the more
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back