seattle meet impressions 01/15/05
Jan 19, 2005 at 5:47 AM Post #61 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadu777
Let's just have another meet in February. I may be getting an SR-404 soon and you can guess what's going to happen next...
eek.gif

Oh boy!
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2005 at 5:57 AM Post #62 of 78
im down, we can have an extended meet, like a whole weekend of just chilling out or something ... bring it trevor, wouldnt mind listening to it, i get saturdays off, oi, theres a rumor going around that your going after some qualias, eh? ehehehehe .. you F'in person!

Jan 19, 2005 at 6:06 PM Post #66 of 78
The BiCode amplifier is a PPL design, and, from what I understand will only be sold through LaRocco Audio. Pictures of the alpha-level BiCode that was at the meet can be found in both eric343 and my pictures.

Jan 19, 2005 at 9:01 PM Post #67 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
I want to go down to Seattle again, soon. Like this weekend or next weekend soon. How many people are interested in hearing this thing?

I might be up in Vancouver for a day this weekend, heh. Want to swap cities for a day?

Jan 21, 2005 at 7:39 AM Post #68 of 78
Picture058small.jpg

Picture059small.jpg

Picture060small.jpg

Picture061small.jpg

Picture062small.jpg

Picture063small.jpg

Picture064small.jpg

Picture056small.jpg

Picture067small.jpg

more pics enjoy!!!
580smile.gif
580smile.gif
580smile.gif
580smile.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 5:27 PM Post #69 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by gurus
So what exactly is a BiCode amp? any pics?

The Bicode is the Topology used in the Headcode Reference quality Headphone Amp. the Term refers to Bipolar transistor All Casscoded. This is a Top Tire Amp that Larry will be offering soon. the First version will be a Dual Mono with all the Nice Trappings like stepped attuator and a Full size 17' wide case home Unit. later on a line of Amps will be devloped using this same topology. This will not be a low cost amp it is intended to be compeating with the Likes of the Rudistor RP10.

Jan 21, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #70 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by ppl
The Bicode is the Topology used in the Headcode Reference quality Headphone Amp. the Term refers to Bipolar transistor All Casscoded. This is a Top Tire Amp that Larry will be offering soon. the First version will be a Dual Mono with all the Nice Trappings like stepped attuator and a Full size 17' wide case home Unit. later on a line of Amps will be devloped using this same topology. This will not be a low cost amp it is intended to be compeating with the Likes of the Rudistor RP10.

Very interested in this competition...
tongue.gif

Best!
Nicola

Jan 24, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #71 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadu777
Oops, then who is the other with wife?

That would be me; the guy labeled "hmm", right? I've been busy lately, and so haven't had time to get back here. I would post some impressions, except that

1) my opinions do not differ in large degree to what most/many people seemed to think.
2) any comments that I do have wouldn't be in the same colorful language that people here seem to love.

First off, y'all listen to your music WAY TOO LOUD! Some of the stuff sounded sort of good (like sergio's stuff), except that I couldn't really tell because of the pounding in my head (I was too meek to ask him where the volume knob was, so it's my own damn fault, but still...). I listened to a lot of stuff, but none of eric's nor the big thing on plywood that Larry brought, so I'm assuming that most would say I missed the "best of show". That said, I wasn't "blown away" by anything there (well, maybe the R10/tube/DAC1...). There was a lot of great sounding stuff, but I can certainly live with what I've got (which is good, since I could barely afford it in the first place).

Basically I learned two things: first, that I am not of the "discerning" (i.e. rich) audiophile breed (many would disagree, I'm sure)---there are plenty of "affordable" rigs out there that are entirely satisfying as far as I'm concerned; and second, that if one has $1000 burning a hole in one's pocket, the DAC1 is probably the way to spend it. The price already borders on the absurd for me, so any more than that and I'd probably have an aneurysm or something. I can think of other things to spend $1000 on (a plasma TV! oh wait, that's not enough...), but if it's just sitting around bugging the hoohah out of you, then it's certainly worth a go.

Non-audio observations: snow is slippery; Alphie's makes really strange pizzas; computers can be entirely too expensive; you all take too many damn pictures; and the baby was really cute!

edit: oh yeah. And I tried the HD650 w/ stock cables and some other cable (what do I care? I don't have a 650...), and for what it's worth neither my wife nor I could tell a damn difference between the two. Perhaps a little more time and a little less people yelling at each other, and it might have been different, but then again, maybe not.

Jan 24, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #72 of 78
Does anyone have impressions of the Grado speakers they could post? I skimmed through the thread but could not find any references to them (except for Jahn's request for impressions of them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back