seattle meet impressions 01/15/05
Jan 18, 2005 at 9:23 PM Post #46 of 78
Oh yeah, forgot:

Jecklin Floats - I didn't give these a listen until I was about to go. I was surprised at what I heard, very smooth treble and good bass. Based on the shape, I was expecting something similar to a K1000, but they were very very different. They made Kirsty Hawkshaw sound great, among the best I've heard in "Flowers Become Screens" from Delerium. I need to hear them again, these might be right down my alley. Plus - they look remarkably like a Tron helmet. We need a float smilie
smily_headphones1.gif

How many people decided to buy the Koss KSC50 after hearing mine? I was surprised how many people had not heard them before.

Jan 18, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #47 of 78
Hmm..looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Since both the w2002's adn the w1000's were there (im a big ath fan) Would anyone who listened to both give a brief comparison? Do the w1000's sound like a "baby" w2002...the same way the a900's are compared to the cd3000's? Also, how do you guys who've listened to the w1k's think of the sound?

Jan 18, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #48 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by mega
Hmm..looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Since both the w2002's adn the w1000's were there (im a big ath fan) Would anyone who listened to both give a brief comparison? Do the w1000's sound like a "baby" w2002...the same way the a900's are compared to the cd3000's? Also, how do you guys who've listened to the w1k's think of the sound?

they didn't even sound close. w1000s were neutral (or dry) like the 880s and the w2002s had a woodie smoothness (or coloration).

Jan 18, 2005 at 10:39 PM Post #49 of 78
Well then! My turn I suppose, for the 2 cents its worth. I arrived pretty late at the meet and was only there for an hour but by the looks of things, people were having a great time. Gear everywhere and the first thing I lunged for were the R10's. Heard them for about 3/4's of a song and liked what I heard. REALLY liked what I heard. Best highs on any headphone I have heard. Damn, I loved these things. On the other hand, it was one song after all and not a bass thumper at that so I didnt get a chance to really analyze it either.

But then I wasnt really at the meet to listen so much as just meet fellow head-fiers. Everyone was great and I had a really fun time there. I've lost some of my old passion for headphones (as well as some by-the-ear critiquing skill and forgetting what to listen for!) after having lived in the backcountry for the past 3 months, but meeting new people is always fun. Seeing Larry, Phill, and Eric again was cool too. Especially a big thanks to Reasonably Lucid and LPNW for hosting.

And damn, I got so many places to go! Larry and Phil's place to listen to bicode, Xanadu's place for crazy hybrid's and Corrs action (
tongue.gif
), and Trevor's place for those 2002's and the skiing he promised me! Muahaha! See you guys at the next meet!

-Not a barbarian!! But you can call me Conan if you want.
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #52 of 78
What does pooched mean?

Jan 19, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #53 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide
What does pooched mean?

Dead.

Commonly used in the context: "I feel pooched"

icon10.gif

Jan 19, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #56 of 78
If you come down, bring your ski gear. I got a free ski voucher from Shell which allows me to get 1 free ticket with another one bought. Or maybe I'll drag Eric along.... hmm.

Jan 19, 2005 at 4:24 AM Post #57 of 78
Well, I don't have time to go skiing north of the border, and with conditions as they are -- who in their right mind would try to go skiing south of it?

But yeah, I'd be interested in hearing it. Especially with the R10s... and with the Bicode around.

Jan 19, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #58 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
I want to go down to Seattle again, soon. Like this weekend or next weekend soon. How many people are interested in hearing this thing?

Let's just have another meet in February. I may be getting an SR-404 soon and you can guess what's going to happen next...
eek.gif

Jan 19, 2005 at 4:52 AM Post #60 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
Well, I don't have time to go skiing north of the border, and with conditions as they are -- who in their right mind would try to go skiing south of it?

Well I dunno. The voucher is for a whole bunch of places. I was thinking Crystal/Stevens/Baker. *shrug* Some skiing is better than none.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back