seattle meet impressions 01/15/05
Jan 24, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #76 of 78
I have them as well. Amazon used to carry them, but they don't appear to be in stock.

Chaos Existence has all 3 shpongle cd releases in stock:
http://www.chaosexistence.net/QSEARC...chfor=shpongle

They also have the older Celtic Cross release "Hicksville" - same artist, similar project, not as well produced as the Shpongle cd's

Other artists I'd recommend:
Ott "Blumenkraft" - more dub sounding, excellent production, should be on amazon still

Jan 24, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #77 of 78
Psyshop.com also has them in stock for a few bucks cheaper. I don't know which one ships to .CA faster, but ChaosExistence is in Oregon...

Also another supurb release that entered reprint:
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tip/tip1cd026.html
Secret of the Thirteen Crystal Skulls

Jan 28, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #78 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
Hey guys. Who had the Shpongle CDs? Does anyone have that in bit-perfect? I ordered them from A&B Sound, but they won't be in for 3-6 weeks.

Got Shpongle, but I'm not giving them away. Got multiple copies, actually, and they're mine... ALL MINE!!!

very_evil_smiley.gif

Glad that you've discovered Shpongle, they're the top artist in electronic music, IMO. Absolutely phenomenal. Simon Posford's other works (Hallucinogen, Mystery of the Yeti, Celtic Cross) are also well worth tracking down. Shpongle are purists and record everything exclusively in analog with analog synths - and well, it shows. Production is some of the best I've ever heard.

Also check out OTT, he's Spongle's editor, sound engineer, and co-composer. His own album "Blumenkraft" is up there with Shpongle, and uses most of the same studio vocals and musicians. Loved the vocals on "Tales of the Inexpressible?" They're back again here, and are even better.

I'm continually surprised by how well the 404's handle this stuff. They're proving themselves more and more versatile with every new disk that I throw at them (but still not impactful enough for psytrance). The ultra-low frequency bass on "Are You Shpongled?" that's usually not audible on crap systems really comes out, as do the upper-frequency effects, although CD format frequency response limitations start intruding here. Shpongle's available on vinyl too, BTW
icon10.gif

Wish I were there at the meet. Sounds like you guys had fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back