SEATTLE MEET @ FRONT PANEL EXPRESS 1/21/2012
Jan 14, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #421 of 569
Turning out to be quite a meet. Austin looking forward to the rein dac

You should stop by sometime for a Mini meet at my place with the dac.

I am sorta looking for a second dacand this is very much within my price range.

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #422 of 569

Quote:
Turning out to be quite a meet. Austin looking forward to the rein dac
You should stop by sometime for a Mini meet at my place with the dac.
I am sorta looking for a second dacand this is very much within my price range.

Sachu, you'll be the first in line to hear it. 
wink.gif
 I'm trying to get my hands on a step up transformer (Gil said he'd bring one) for the 110v to 220v conversion, since the X-DAC I have is Euro voltage. 

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #423 of 569

Quote:
Gear I am thinking about bringing (let me know if anything is doubled up and/or doesn't really need to be brought)

CharterOak SP-1
MB Quart QP805
MB Quart QP400 (potentially if I can borrow it)
Shure SRH-940 (if I still have it)
Sony Z-1000 (if I end up getting it)

Yulong D100 - unfortunately with this I do not want to lug my desktop to the meet and will be running an inferior source (via USB on a netbook instead of optical via desktop)

Will anyone have some balanced setups I can try out with the D100?  I've contemplated balancing the SP-1 and this seems like a perfect opportunity to hear some balanced setup and discuss with some of you more experienced users the benefits and methods of balancing.

Thanks

I'll be bringing QP400s and unless I change my mind for some reason they will probably be for sale. They are really good sounding, very comfortable high impedance cans. However all my customers bypass the less expensive cans and want to audition our stuff with the most expensive so I am thinning out the herd of the great bang for the buck types of cans. Will also bring DT250, brown Aviators and T50P Teslas for sale. Will also be bringing (not for sale...yet) HD800, HD650, HD600, K701, K1000, DT880 250, ATH A900, SR125 with L style pads and Tyll Hertsen's Scotch tape mod, UE triplefi 10, and possibly some others.

I'll bring a Smack amp or two with balanced outputs - dual 3 pin XLR. 

Jan 14, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #424 of 569
Just to clarify, do we need to set up our gear Friday night?  Or can we arrive with gear in hand on Saturday at 1pm?

Currently planning on bringing Grado 225, Peachtree Nova, Rega Saturn, and either Squeezebox Touch or Wadia 171i.

Jan 14, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #425 of 569

Quote:
Just to clarify, do we need to set up our gear Friday night?  Or can we arrive with gear in hand on Saturday at 1pm?

Currently planning on bringing Grado 225, Peachtree Nova, Rega Saturn, and either Squeezebox Touch or Wadia 171i.

I was just about to ask that. I won't be able to make it Friday night, as I am driving up to Seattle early in the morning Saturday.

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #426 of 569
It's like this:
Friday we set up for Saturday. At 5pm
Come at 1pm on Saturday so you can to let the tubes warm up.
Come at 3 if you just need to set up and go.
We chose these times to give everybody a chance to get to the meet without having to leave at the Crack of dawn.

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #427 of 569

Quote:
It's like this:
Friday we set up for Saturday. At 5pm
Come at 1pm on Saturday so you can to let the tubes warm up.
Come at 3 if you just need to set up and go.
We chose these times to give everybody a chance to get to the meet without having to leave at the Crack of dawn.

Perfect. Exactly what I need.

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #428 of 569
I would like to add my name to the list of attendees. I am a longtime bottlehead fan (FP II, FP III, Paramour, Paramount, SEX, Seduction and Crack) but am quite new to the headphone world. I don't know that I have anything interesting to bring along that won't already be there.

John

Jan 15, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #430 of 569
Attendee list updated. Anyone else missing on the list? Where is MarkJ?

Jan 15, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #433 of 569
Brian, my friend it is my pleasure to put you on the list.

Jan 16, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #434 of 569
@Doc:  Thanks for the jesting!  I am always the first to poke fun at my situation, but you really had me chuckling there! 

Recent sad developments...I think my AKG 702 and AD2Ks have been greviously injured, overplaying their part in the noble effort to bring aural nirvana my way....though I the sound did undergo a change I could not pin down on the latter, a friend said there is a paper-like crackling noise from the Audio Technicas that gets louder the more the vol goes up and with the AKGs, it gets tinnier...I fear blown drivers.. oh, foop!  Will bring them along for last rites or some Lazarus-lifting advice.  My beloved Pioneer SX-1250 also took a hit, with a DOA left channel on the headphone out....will check the speaker outputs to see if its systematic.

So far, the gear list:
Lavry DA10
Consonance Opera Cyber-20
Cayin SCD-50T
Marantz 2275
Smeggy Thunders
HiFiMan HE-5
Denon D7000
Wounded cans
Power conditioner
Speaker taps (4Pin XLR)

Let's pray for kind snow....spozed to have something wicked our way this week....

Jan 16, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #435 of 569

Quote:
@Doc:  Thanks for the jesting!  I am always the first to poke fun at my situation, but you really had me chuckling there! 

Recent sad developments...I think my AKG 702 and AD2Ks have been greviously injured, overplaying their part in the noble effort to bring aural nirvana my way....though I the sound did undergo a change I could not pin down on the latter, a friend said there is a paper-like crackling noise from the Audio Technicas that gets louder the more the vol goes up and with the AKGs, it gets tinnier...I fear blown drivers.. oh, foop!  Will bring them along for last rites or some Lazarus-lifting advice.  My beloved Pioneer SX-1250 also took a hit, with a DOA left channel on the headphone out....will check the speaker outputs to see if its systematic.

So far, the gear list:
Lavry DA10
Consonance Opera Cyber-20
Cayin SCD-50T
Marantz 2275
Smeggy Thunders
HiFiMan HE-5
Denon D7000
Wounded cans
Power conditioner
Speaker taps (4Pin XLR)

Let's pray for kind snow....spozed to have something wicked our way this week....

Thanks you! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back