SEATTLE MEET @ FRONT PANEL EXPRESS 1/21/2012
Jan 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #331 of 569
Excellent, I've been hoping to try out a HiFace!

I should have another hi res source lined up.  Oppo DV970 as a transport for SACD feeding 24/88.2k PCM over SPDIF.  That will let us try different DACs with the same SACD source.  I wish I had a transport outputting 24/176 instead, but 24/88 will still be good for A/B tests :)

I only have 1 SACD - DSOTM.  Please bring more if you can!

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #332 of 569
I will bring several SACDs (all Classic Rock I'm afraid).

One thing I want to try out. Neither of my DACs have a bitrate indicator. I am mildly curious as to what the maximum output rate is that is supported by my new tablet which I will be bringing. I have several high-rate FLACs which I will bring. I feel that the quality of the mastering is of far more importance than the bit-rate and depth (at least if you have at least Redbook) but still would like to know what the unit is capable of.

Will anyone have a DAC with a bitrate indicator (USB)?
Quote:
Excellent, I've been hoping to try out a HiFace!

I should have another hi res source lined up.  Oppo DV970 as a transport for SACD feeding 24/88.2k PCM over SPDIF.  That will let us try different DACs with the same SACD source.  I wish I had a transport outputting 24/176 instead, but 24/88 will still be good for A/B tests :)

I only have 1 SACD - DSOTM.  Please bring more if you can!

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #333 of 569
I'm going to be bringing the Rega DAC for those that are interested. While I have a good CD source (Rega Apollo), I don't have any way of using my thinkpad for hi-rez files, because of the 16/48 limitations of the usb side of the DAC. If anyone has a way of converting USB/SPDIF I can bring some 24/88.2/96 stuff along. Or if you have that available on a source that does SPDIF out, your welcome to demo it as well.

I just got a set of Westone ES5s, and they should be here right before the meet. Looking forward to trying some other portable gear!

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #334 of 569

Quote:
Picked up the B&W P5's to bring to the meet. Started organizing the gear that is going to the meet. Starting to get into serious "Meet" mode.

Same here. Getting all of my gear ready as well.

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #335 of 569
Should I bring the HE-300 rev. 2?  I'm looking forward to having you guys listen to the Paradox & CottonDryers.

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #336 of 569

Quote:
Should I bring the HE-300 rev. 2?  I'm looking forward to having you guys listen to the Paradox & CottonDryers.

Yes! I'd like to audition the HE-300 vs the HD650. I'll bring a nice cable along that you can take a look at as well.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #338 of 569
Sachu you are not the only one.
Bringing the Sansui 9090DB with the Arcam 73T
HRT iStreamer, 160gb ipod, Furutech and Kimber Kable USB cables, Oyaide Rhodium C7
Bowers and Wilkens P5's
Thunderpants
Koss KSC-75's recabled by Apuresound
Livewire Trip T1's
And all the custom cables I have!

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #339 of 569
Wow this is looking to be a great meet, man hoping to make this too.

If my decware mini torii comes in time I will be bringing

LCD-2 rev 1
Decware mini torii
AVA Vision Dac 
if people want I can bring the Centrance Dac mini also

Anways here is hoping my am free that weekend with work.

Have a great evening everyone

tink97

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #340 of 569
Not even halfway done yet. The Schiit Audio Bifrost, Burson HA-160DS, Trafomatic Head-One, and the Zombie X K702 Cable are still coming in the next week or so....plus more.

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #341 of 569
Looks like Pyramid brewery again http://www.pyramidbrew.com/alehouses/seattle . Unless we can get some better suggestions?
beerchug.gif

Jan 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #342 of 569
Gil, how much are the raffle tickets?  

And what are the dollars made from the raffle going towards?

Jan 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #343 of 569

Quote:
Looks like Pyramid brewery again http://www.pyramidbrew.com/alehouses/seattle . Unless we can get some better suggestions?
beerchug.gif

Looks like no after meet for me then... 
frown.gif

Jan 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #344 of 569
 Good to hear from you Brian
k701smile.gif
The raffle tix will probably be the same as last year. Details still are being worked out. Have some prizes in the works at the moment. We only use the money for the meet, like renting tables, chairs, food etc. Expenses for meets only. We are looking to renting a space for a future meet. That is what we do in a nutshell.

Hey Brian,
What have you built lately??? Still a big fan of your work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back