Seattle Meet Anyone?
Nov 18, 2004 at 9:58 AM Post #16 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReasonablyLucid
btw: I could probably get us a place for the meet if needed.

www.lanpartynw.com

I help host that lan (its in a friends garage). We converted his 3car garage to a Lan center. We would have plenty of space, tables, chairs, power (theres 6 or 7 20amp circuits in there), and parking. Theres also a pop machine that I can get socked up before the meet to despence free pop for everyone.
Its in marysvile.

Let me know if that would be a decent for one so I can start bribing my firend and his wife to let us use it for a day
tongue.gif

I know someone on headfi has been there before
wink.gif

raises hand
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2004 at 7:55 PM Post #17 of 50
Marysville sounds good.

Anyone up for a round of golf at Battlecreek before the meet?
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2004 at 9:24 PM Post #18 of 50
Any of the veteran head-fi'ers want to come? We'd love for all of you to come. I'll be bringing some very interesting stuff. Promise!
smily_headphones1.gif
I can't say what it is quite yet though.
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Trevor

Nov 19, 2004 at 8:29 PM Post #20 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReasonablyLucid
AH HA!
So someone in WA did have an mpx3.

I wish i would have known that you where looking to audition one because i would have definetly let you check it out! I just got my mpx3 a few months ago and i got the jensen paper in oil cap upgrade, solen stage 3 and rca preamp output upgrade.

It sounds like you got some nice gear. I just hope that i can make the meet so i can check out hd650 + zu cable (and TrevorNetworks mystery tube gear)! It sounds like its going to be a good meet. the past few meets around here seemed to be more for the solid state amp crowd which is a waste of time for me since i'm a tube head.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 20, 2004 at 8:14 AM Post #21 of 50
I made the purchase blind (without hearing it first) and im happy with it
smily_headphones1.gif
This is also my first tube amp and now I can offically say im a tubehead as well
biggrin.gif

Sooooo much better than my previous amp (SS).

Nov 20, 2004 at 9:18 AM Post #22 of 50
I'd be up for a meet, I had a good time at the last one. We definitely need to start before 6 though. Last time I had to take a nap at a truck stop on the way home because I couldn't stay awake.
tongue.gif
It was worth it though. I definitely want to hear some Sennheiser Woody action again.

Nov 20, 2004 at 12:08 PM Post #23 of 50
Well I sent my friend an email to ask if we can use the LPNW location for a headfi meet.
If he says yes then I guess im taking up the job as host
tongue.gif
Id be able to organize the setup and stuff along with getting food for everyone (are we all going to pitchin $10 or so to get pizza or what?). I dont have enough time in my schedule for much more than that though so if we are going to request equipment and stuff from some companies could someone else take up that responsbility?

All assuming my friend says yes and everyone is ok with this location for a meet
wink.gif

We would be able to have a long meet, could start as early as 11am and go until about 9 or 10pm.

Nov 21, 2004 at 7:57 PM Post #24 of 50
The time does sound better than what I can get at my place. What do you guys think about the drive (45-60 mins for most people in Seattle area) ?

I'd be willing to make the drive if we get it from say 11-6 (or later) to listen. The price will be pretty reasonable, right?

My other lead is local hotels, but I doubt we'll get anything under $200.

Is there a lot of ambient noise there? Any in-wall or window heaters since its a garage?

Nov 21, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #26 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by patricklang
The time does sound better than what I can get at my place. What do you guys think about the drive (45-60 mins for most people in Seattle area) ?

I'd be willing to make the drive if we get it from say 11-6 (or later) to listen. The price will be pretty reasonable, right?

My other lead is local hotels, but I doubt we'll get anything under $200.

Is there a lot of ambient noise there? Any in-wall or window heaters since its a garage?

The price should be very very low (probably free
tongue.gif
) espically since im staff at LPNW. We just gotta pitch in some $$ to order pizza or somthing for dinner.
Ill be able to get everyone some free pop though (ill cover it).

Not much ambient noise when its not stuffed full of computers. Just the pop machine (doesnt run very often).
We will have a few computers in there. Ill probably be bringing a few people who use computers as a source.
Anyone eles who does that is welcome to bring their computers and plug in. We will have internet there as well.

My friend had the reserves this weekend so I gotta wait until he gets back for the "OK" from him and the wifey.

Nov 23, 2004 at 6:49 AM Post #27 of 50
w00tar!

Headfi meet is on For Jan!

My friend said the garage is mine on the 15th of Jan
smily_headphones1.gif
He is gone the weekend before and after so we have to hold it then.

Times of the meet will be 11am - 9 or 10 pm
We cant stay later than 11 or so because my friends wifey gets cranky and in a *really* bad mood if she is woken up (espically at Lan parties
tongue.gif
). Its quite frightening

Directions are here:
http://www.lanpartynw.com/map_gar.shtml

I will require 1 or 2 slaves...er...volunteers
wink.gif
for setup before the meet, around 10am or so.
We have to assemble the tables (which consists of flipping them out from the wall and bolting the legs in), sweeping, laying power, and setting up the folding tables.

Everyone bring $10 and we will take a big pizza order from alfys (they give lpnw a discount).
I do not have enough time (maybe the week after xmas) to do all the contacting but if anyone wants to start emailing companies for gear requests for us to listen to that would be super.

Nov 23, 2004 at 7:08 PM Post #28 of 50
Now that we have a time, and location, let's get an member, and equipment list going.
smily_headphones1.gif
For me:

ATH-W2002
Maxed Dynahi
Benchmark DAC1
Balanced Dynahi (Maybe!)
Very unique tube amplifiers
New solid state amplifier (Maybe! Can't say more than that)
Some more interesting things!

Nov 24, 2004 at 1:45 AM Post #29 of 50
My King-O-PPA's, ive even modded it further than when Lucid(Matt) heard it.
My PC, with my recently self modded EMU1212m w/8066 opamps, blackgate and teflon capped.
Couple Sources.
HalfLife2.
Myself.

heh trevors turning into a regular ayt999 guy heh. with all that gear ... and crap...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
k1000smile.gif
eggosmile.gif

Nov 24, 2004 at 4:00 AM Post #30 of 50
i should be able to come (ticket doesn't look too expensive), but i need a place to stay, also someone has to pick me up and drop me off...
i want to meet trevor and larry in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back